Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My co-worker is leaving the company, and as a parting gift she dug out the AFX set she'd been given as a child, and passed it along to the office crazy guy who still plays with toys!

aside from the near mint cars (as a little girl, she didn't play with it very much at all!) There's the box the cars came in (with the 2 holes to check and make sure there were cars inside) the still-sealed tune up kit with model motoring racing oil, all the paperwork, a paper crossover bridge, and, other than the masking tape, a pretty spiffy condition box (and of course all the track, guards, supports etc you'd expect!).

Gotta love folks with cool toys that don't mind sharing!

john

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely a cool Gesture.:thumbsup:
Isn't it the person leaving that usually gets the gifts.:confused:
She and I've been co-workers for almost 13 years. I'll be throwing her a party on her last day, but as I'm her manager, and she had to give me the resignation letter, I guess she felt this'd help soften the blow.

Her only request was that I not "cannibalize the cars" - and that she get to come visit the slot cave to play with them sometime - a very reasonable request!

john

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
schweet! i always loved those Firebirds...

--rick

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
A warm-and-fuzzy-feeling thread if there ever was one! Neat story, neat person. Offer her a big raise to stay!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Awesome set. Love the story behind this well-preserved time capsule. Those 'birds look like they're perfect! If you get a chance to shoot a few close-ups of them, definitely post 'em!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts