Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long while since I've posted here, although I have been prowling around many vary interesting posts.

I did a tutorial series on how to build a version of the USS Enterprise from the original series using Blender 3D. This was the end result of that series, plus a challenge from Adam "Mojo" Lebowitz.

I made a few other images, but I'll include just one or two more.

And last one for now.

Unfortunately, I lost the model in a hard drive crash, so I'm building a new one.

Thanks for looking in!

Eric

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back! Post up some more of what you have and those to come when you can! :cheers2:
Thank you! I absolutely shall.

To replace that lost model, I am making a series of models of the various phases of the Enterprise. I'm starting with the first pilot. I'm ready for texturing, so here is my first experiment with the bridge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was feeling kind of down today. Slept a large part of the day away. I am still recovering from a cold, so that's probably the reason. That, and I've been thinking about my departed pets. So, I did something that always brings me some happiness. This shot from near the end of the original Star Trek series episode "Metamorphosis" is one of my favorites. I keep trying to make my Blender 3D model look more like the original.

I found that my animation for my warp lights is gone in this scene, so they are all lit.

I've got to finish my latest project. I want to get my model looking more like the original.

Thanks for looking in.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pets. :angelsad2:

PSA: I was watching Good Eats - the Myths Smashers episode and they mentioned non-stick cookware heated to high temperatures - without food in them - will emit fumes that cause flu like symptoms in humans that may last 2 to 3 days and will kill pet birds. It only takes about 4 minutes to reach that temperature range so you might want to (maybe) review your cooking habits if you tend to pre heat your pans/cookware.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pets. :angelsad2:

PSA: I was watching Good Eats - the Myths Smashers episode and they mentioned non-stick cookware heated to high temperatures - without food in them - will emit fumes that cause flu like symptoms in humans that may last 2 to 3 days and will kill pet birds. It only takes about 4 minutes to reach that temperature range so you might want to (maybe) review your cooking habits if you tend to pre heat your pans/cookware.
Thank you, and excellent PSA.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A small amount of progress.

Made some changes to my temporary textures and added more of the windows and ports. The spires on the warp domes are now gold. The "glass" textures no longer makes those fireflies. It's a mix of transparent and metal.

The angles I selected where based off of pictures taken by the original effects crew when they got the 11 foot model, and an image from the second pilot. I should get to the banners today on the Engineering Hull and perhaps the warp engines. Then I hope I can start to texture.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
No sugestions, but I have a follow up question. In post 12 you mentioned 'lit' windows. Is that still to come? In all the images that have followed, I can only see blacked out window openings and a couple of outlined openings that look to be the same color as the hull panels. :cheers2:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts