Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one cannot wait for these to become available. I plan on purchasing the 2' Jupiter Two as soon as you guy's release it. Question, are there any plans to make a Gemini XII? I actually like the profile and larger viewport of this earlier version of the Jupiter Two. It's a little more believable than the J2's interior. I appreciate you guy's keeping us informed about this stuff,As I am sure the rest of the Lost In Space Fans are. So hurry and get them out!!!High Regards, Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
beatlepaul said:
I for one cannot wait for these to become available. I plan on purchasing the 2' Jupiter Two as soon as you guy's release it. Question, are there any plans to make a Gemini XII? I actually like the profile and larger viewport of this earlier version of the Jupiter Two. It's a little more believable than the J2's interior. I appreciate you guy's keeping us informed about this stuff,As I am sure the rest of the Lost In Space Fans are. So hurry and get them out!!!High Regards, Mark
Hello!
I plan to make at least one purchase as well, since I have many Jupiter 2s I purchased or built over the years. But, a very accurate Gemini XII (even one of at least 12 inches in diameter), maybe with an optional launch cradle, would be terrific! I always believed it would have been a viable model as a companion piece to the PL Jupiter 2. Some might think the Gemini XII is basically the Jupiter 2, but it is different (longer/larger viewport, different interior and flooring, more shallow lower hull, larger fusion core, few hull surface details, extendable astrogator and different hatch). I think it would be a great product for collectors. Another product that would be great would be a reasonably sized (but not too large) Fuel Barge with a mini-Jupiter 2 model. They would be great to see!
Jim
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,825 Posts
http://www.scifimetropolis.com/ should get you to the site. If that fails, go to google, type in sci-fi metropolis and you'll get to the site.
I'm really eagerly anticipating these kits also, but I lack the space to properly display a HUGE 4' diameter one, so I'll be forgoing getting one of those. A 1/2 scale B9 Robot is also in the works, and I look forewards to getting "him" as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,369 Posts
I wish you would come out with a model of the small 1 foot Jupiter 2 SPFX model. No gear would be required, and only a blinking light in the bubble. Maybe a 'wind-up' system and LEDs for the fusion core. I've planned one, just never made it.

Do you know if 2400 bucks is in range for your 4 footer????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,374 Posts
Y3a said:
I wish you would come out with a model of the small 1 foot Jupiter 2 SPFX model. No gear would be required, and only a blinking light in the bubble. Maybe a 'wind-up' system and LEDs for the fusion core. I've planned one, just never made it.

Do you know if 2400 bucks is in range for your 4 footer????
mark, this jupiter 2 is going to be made from "thermoformed"plastic ? how is that different from injection molded plastic like the polar lights J2 ? is it like vaccuform lunar kits do you think ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,374 Posts
Seaview said:
http://www.scifimetropolis.com/ should get you to the site. If that fails, go to google, type in sci-fi metropolis and you'll get to the site.
I'm really eagerly anticipating these kits also, but I lack the space to properly display a HUGE 4' diameter one, so I'll be forgoing getting one of those. A 1/2 scale B9 Robot is also in the works, and I look forewards to getting "him" as well.
hey seaview, i am already planning on space for mine when ever i am able to get one. when i do, i plan on photographing it over on the ajoining property which happens to be the "PONDEROSA RANCH" from BONANZA, and get a few pictures of it landing and landed in the ranch house yard and also inside the cartwrights living room. Now that the ranch is closed to the public, i have a lot more free acess inside the property.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,369 Posts
It took a LOOOOOOOOONG time for them to get the 2 footer out, I'm not holding my breath for the 4 foot job. It may take YEARS before they actually offer it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,374 Posts
they will be looking at how well the 2 footers sell, if they are as good as i think they are the parts look great and all the notches and pins looks like everything will be a fantastic fit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
before i buy onw of these kits, i will make sure other people get them,....everyone remembers the "UNOBTANIUM DEBACLE".........hehehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,698 Posts
So was their 1/2 scale B9 robot. I talked to them at length and they seem to want to put out a quality product. It just takes time.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top