Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gents!

Been scratching my head on this one.:confused:

Around 78 to 79 my older bro had this really cool poster and I'm pretty sure it was titled 'For those who watch'

The setting was a country meadow in the early morning time which I am sure was Earth with this really cool, large and graceful alien like space ship lifting off.

It may have been a piece by Chris Foss but I'm not sure....I have looked all over the net and had not seen anything.

Have you seen, have or remember this print?

If you are not aware of his work here is an example:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I had this book that was kind of a "guide" to spaceships from a specific future era (I want to say the 2200 timeframe) and the artwork in this print reminds me very much of that. Lots of fanciful spacship art - very well done. There were pics like this that had a ship in very unusual, but sometimes familiar settings.

All I remember is that I bought the book back in the late 70's and it was about a half inch thick and sort of a "coffee table" size book. I don't have the book anymore, but I do remember it somewhat. I'd forgotten all about that book until just now when I saw this pic.

I did a web search - as it turns out, the 2200 date was bang on. I found a reference on the web:

http://www.khantazi.org/Rec/TTABooks/TTABooks.html#Spacecraft

I'm not sure if the pic you showed is from one of these books that are listed, but that's what it reminds me of.

Psst..... I found a website that has pics of a lot of similar art and information on the artists that contributed. I'm pretty sure that Foss was one of them:

http://www.digitalwaterfalls.co.uk/dwsteve6.html

Bryan

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rob, I thought so.

Thanks Bryan cool sites.

I'm thinking about sealing up that top hatch, building and lighting my Interplanetary mystery UFO ship so it seems larger in size and painting it like a FOSS ship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts