Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let driver who are interested know about us up here in LaGrange, IN
Schoolyard RC Speedway is a 240ft banked concrete oval speedway that runs saturday and sunday.
Practice is FREE monday - friday!!!!
Classes are being discussed and lined up for time and day of the racing schedual.. check it out at www.rcspeedway.net and see what we have to offer... but at least try a practice day.. after all its FREE!
Nitro Outlaw Truck has been the biggest class since 2001 and has had mainly a diferent winner each night. :tongue:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, I just tryed the link and it came right up for me... if you cant get on it E-Mail me at [email protected] and I'll try to send the pic to ya.
On my web site there is pics of the track as well as drivers and other info.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The track in the pic looks narrow but its a 10ft wide lane that is 240ft around the center.
The banking is a bit diferent in each turn but is from 8 degree to 12 degree.
About any rubber tire works.. the most common is probably the proline street hawgs, road hawgs, & speed hawgs m2 or m3 compound. (trucks)
Same with 4wd touring.. rubber works great... foam hasnt done well in the past but this year a driver was here a week ago with a nitro sprint car and had pink on the F and purple on the R and was hooked up.. a big suprize to me.. but after it get warmer they may not work??? just have to try.
Pancars have had to run caps... BSR Red, Green, and blue was the best.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The past couple of days since the weather is getting better we have been experimenting with foam tires, in the past they havent worked well but the track is getting more weatherered and they are now working decent.
Tryed a 1/18 BRP and turned some good hot laps with foams.. got em in the sevens and a good 15 min of runtime with 1100 ma AA nicd batteries.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
This is one great track! Mini Darlington describes it best. I was running a Nitro Custom Works Enforcer and a Custom Works Intimidator Electric gearbox last week on pinks and purples foamies. Both cars were "hooked up" as they say. I tried foamies several times early summer last year and had absolutely no luck. I don't know if it is the weathering of the track over the winter or what it is but FOAMIES ARE WORKING VERY WELL right now at the Schoolyard.

Some might argue the weight of the sprinter is why I had such good luck. But, my electric mod gearbox car was just as fast and handling very well? Don't know what it is but I like it!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I hope it keeps on keepin on... then we can have the choice of rubber or foamies.
This weekend may tell a bit more... I guess the waether is suppose to be 60 degrees and more want to try it out this saturday.
We can see if they keep working with it at that temp... I think it may be the weathering... this was the 3rd winter for it and the surfae gets weathered... with more merratic acid applyed it may get good and tight.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hey Guys....

The KGF MOTORSPORTS gang will be out there to test on Thursday......we will be testing 4 cell mods.......4 cell 19t.......4 cell stock.....and we will be also testing 6 cell mod.....6 cel 19t.....will keep you osted on damage reports.......

Anyone got enough guts to race the KGF guy??????

Kris Fowler

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could get interesting, untill we get a little testing it will be hard to determin what will work the best.
With the nitro trucks that hasnt changed from what I can tell... abut ANY std rubber tire is working best... I tryed Jayco 4in foams on the R of my GT and I felt the proline, Panther, & Losi rubber tires where a bit better in grip. But the foams where managable.
My BRP felt a bit looser with the foams this time out... Guess I'll be makin a new set of Schoolyard BRP caps up for the ones intersted.
Little Darlington.. hehehe I can live with that... one driver compaired it to bristol but the banking isnt that pitched... and another said it was like Atlanta for the 10th scale.. but that didnt fit eather. ;)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Right now I just finished up Sarah's car for the Velodrome...this years Dodge Intrepid body from Gary Mac. is looking like a screaming bullet........

Personaly Dave, I think with the 04 Monte Carlo from Gary Mac. (McAllister Racing) it is wider at the nose and the rear which should make a pan car (superspeedway) planted which will make modified possible.......with the right chassis setup and the right wing angle and maybe a smakk spoiler......I can make it work.......

Now in Gas sprint car this year I think caps are the way to go....too bad I won't have it ready for testing with caps by Thursday.......we will see if "littl darlington" can hold a modified.......if IO can get it work and work well can I have a "cookie"???? :tongue:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep the caps will be the ticket or there is a premounted eather yokomo or shoumacher set of rubber tires that will do the trick as well for the sprinters.
Foamys seem to be going away, dont know if it was temp or what but now they dont seem to be doing as well as go ol rubber.
What about the T-bird bodys?? or the camerio.. dont they have it anymore?
JR was telling me that the 99 pontiac wasa decent design for his track.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Well.... i've tried the 99 pontiac, and the 2000 pontiac, and the 2004 pontiac......and well I like the Monte Carlo cuz it feels balanced....a good mix of downforce front and rear.............not just in one place like the pontiac.....in front....

Finally finished puttin the nitro sprint cat together...fired up that motor.......boy does it have some power......brought the wheels up.........he heh heheh

But I can't seem to keep some parts together on it.......lol first run the brake lever fell apart..stupid clip on bottom....2nd run the shock fell off......3 rd run....the servo horn broke.......so it has some bugs yet......

laterz...kris\

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as the brake lever, use a locking collar on the top and bottom centered for action and you will never have another problem with it... its the BEST fix for that I have ever done.
Pliobond glue keeps metal to plastic grip real good for the screws.. its like locktight when you have metal to metal contact... real good to keep the stiff together.
I get Pliobond at HWI do-it center hardware stores.. and a 3oz bottle is around $5 with tax and lasts the whole season.
It also what I have used to glue up foamys as well as the home made CAPS I have done.. itsd GREAT stuff. :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Cool Dave...thanx bud.......

I found something to keep it all together. It is kinda like a set screw collar, but the wire goes all the way thru this piece and has two set screws. It seemed to work well, I made 4 runs with the car and it all stayed together. Samething with the brake linkage i made up. It works very well. I think I have it set right.....engine idles but keeps car at bay...then when you move the trigger forward the brakes engaged.....

So you know what that means....I will be up there probably playing around with it......it looks fast, but we will see if I can handle it...so tell Bryan to take it easy on me....lol I'm a rookie this year again in gas.....lol

Laterz...

Kris

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Well...Saturday Afternoon/Evening we had a fun night of practice. Special thanks to Dave and the crew for allowing us to "Play"!!!!!!!

I would like to thank Brian Deeal for his advice on the sprints...he's played with his alot....Congrats on the fast laps and the record at 32.........I was happy with mine at a 6.16.....just could'nt keep heat in the tires and the radio glitch hampered my night..........Sarah had her hands full with the Pan Car...but we get it figured out for her........

When the weather warms up I think three sprints out there hooked up will shatter the speed records.......If i had a radar gun I would almost bet that Brian was hitting 40 down the straights.....mine was too ......his was aewsome in the corners.....

Kris

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hey Dave.....

Think I figured out how to fix the sprint car and make it faster.....lol

Man it was really hooked up tonight....I wonder what the new record would've been if you hadn't have said anything.....lol But oh well.......POO happens......

Can't wait till Brian and I actually race with a couple of other cars.......man I wonder if we can get Sprinters to hook up and draft.........

Kris

P.S. Thanks for allowing me to play till midnight......you the man!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
you can get rid of that push buy getting a LOSI XXXNT ....just ask Stoney he got one now he dont lose ......

but anyways to get try a softer spring in the front right or change the shock oil ....i ran 45 in the front and 35 in the rear .....and get the truck lower to the ground....3/4 inch ride height .....just make sure the rear is just a tad softer than the front .....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
This coming from a guy who doesnt even race Nitro anymore. Bring a XXXNT and I will show you a GT that doesn't push.........lol

BTW.....who's gonna race tomarrow?

1 - 20 of 312 Posts