Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have heard of a Quarter scale track or club starting up in Schneckville Pa. behind the local Firehouse. I rode past this area the other day and saw it is home of the Lehigh Valley area Quater Midget club. Is the racing going to be on the same track or are they building a separate vacility on the grounds? I'am more than interested in racing Quarter scales if this were true, need to know more about this, Start up and race dates, Classes and rules, Who will be running the shows, etc etc. Any info would be great. I was into Quarter scales many many years ago. Would like to see it prosper in this general area. Any news anyone

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am with you gordie I would love to get this going I live about 2 hrs from the track but that wouldn't be any problem for some good sprint car racing. I got a e-mail from sprint2b about some details I think it is the midget track. I ask him all the same questions as you hopfully he will repond on here and lets get this going!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looked at the track behind the firehouse yesterday, It appears that they have dug up the entire surface and the infield and are replacing or grading the area with new soil, I'am unsure of what type of soil it is. The track is very easy to find and conveniant(spelling) to shopping sites, restaurants, Gas stations and hotels. Very large open area for pitting and the works. Would make a very nice setting for racing in my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have a 400' dirt oval here in Niagara fals NY, the track went in late last season and needs to be worked a bit more before this season starts, The track is about 20 minutes off the I 190 Lewiston exit.
We will be running sprints and 1/5 scale buggies this season and should be racing every other weekend, the track is locatd at the Full Throttle Raceway off road location, we are setup to run dirt, (not clay) with a amb timing system, we are running pin tires from BRP on the sprints.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alloyparts, Thanks for the info and good luck with the place to race. Kinda looking for something closer to home to race 1/4 scale before investing in one. We heard rumor of one going in about an hour north of me which would be perfect for getting back into 1/4 scale, It's been about 18 years since I was involved in it, just racing 10th and 12th scale since then. I'm getting tired of the batterry and motor stuff with all the different classes and was looking into 1/4scale once again. Thanks Gordie B.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Qtr. midget track is where they plan on racing. They are figureing on running on either sat or sun around noon. QSAC rules , For more info you can call Kern brothers 610-767-6447 they are organizing it all. The track surface is going to be clay from what I heard. There is a track in Pittsburg area that is running the QSAC Dirt Nationals in May 07.
Check this out http://www.australianquarterscale.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=203 Hope this helps. At this point it looks like the schnecksville track has 8-10 committed. Hope this answers some of your questions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sprint2b, Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm in the market for a 1/4 scale sprinter if this all comes together.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey Tony I'm figureing on running at Shaffers this year I haven't heard anything from the Kerns either I guess things fell through or they would have had some news here or out to someone. I here Shaffers is a great track & Scott is great guy to deal with so I'm making that my home track & IF schnecksville gets going I might find time to go when Scott aint running.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Come on down !! You guys are always welcome here!! Come on Spring!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts