Any idea whats classes you will be running ? Or will it be Bring it and we

will race it? Are you going to be able to use only certain tire componds like

now as they do in Beaver ?

Good Luck and very impressive Hobby Shop this can only help the

hobby grow in this area.

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
I have not seen John on here in weeks... But as far as I am concerned, we will be running a similar venue such as Beaver... but expanded a bit. We will post more details on the website (and here) as we devise it... but as you said, bring it, and we will race it! We will continue to evolve as time goes on. As far as tire compound, John liked to stick to brands that did not hurt his Ozite... SCH-Washington will not have Ozite for a few months so that should not be a problem. Thanks for taking notice!
Mike
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hmmmm..............I haven't been on here for what? reason? Let me see......Oh, I have been working for YOU!! :) Anyway, we'll be posting some info. once we get the track shape/size figured out and go from there. I don't think that the mall would appreciate wintergreen too much though, especially since there is a bakery just 2 stores away. Thanks for asking, John @ SCH

·
Registered
96 Posts
they are supposed to be working on it this week. i think in about 2 weeks from today they should be close to being open. so much space.

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
We are "working" on the carpet track as we speak. Everyone who is involved with this construction process thinks we can open up in one week with a temp track, while we continue to work on the larger area. This means that a portion of the "room" or "store" where we are building the carpet track, is large enough to open a track just to get going with practice, tuning, etc. In the interim, we will continue to work on the large area surface with a projected open date around mid aug... give or take a few days. The track will be open every day to club members. Organized racing can happen anytime... right now we are shooting for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. There are Pros and Cons to everything so we may try a few scenarios.
Of course we will keep you posted!
Mike

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
I doubt we will be ready for this weekend. Between running to training camp and Maryland, we are short handed... although, there is only a little more to do such as removing a small pile of building supply trash and patching a few open holes in the carpet... but we have enough space to run an oval right now. We will keep you posted.

About the club thing... that would enable a club member to use the track an unlimited amount of time with out pay for each use. Example: If you wanted to run your car on an non-race day, it would be around 5 bucks per time... with a club membership, you can run unlimited amount of times. We are not sure what to charge for the club dues, but it may be somewhere around 45 bucks per season or something like that...

Mike

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Aug UpDate

Well, now that we have a few events, shows and demonstrations behind us, we made major progress on the Oval this week. We may have open practice this weekend all weekend long. Stop by or check out the website for details. No set schedule yet.
RoadCourse is right behind and Dirt after that. We are still on our original projected schedule that "I" came up with months ago. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike & fellow workers you guys have the place looking good and the track looks

awesome. Hopefully will be able to get over and do some practice tomorrow

or in the near future. Hope you and Washington R/C Raceway can hook up and

keep all the racers in the area happy.

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Kaug,
Thanks! I have to thank fellow racers for the time and efforts; Rob, Mike and Tom are all dedicated and smart people. We will most likely have a few free practice days so we can iron out bugs, details, etc. so keep posted to the website.

The picture you see here is just a regular oval that is just a little bit larger than Washington R/C Raceway's... but we will expand into a tri-oval that will triple the size and give a much longer run line. (Exact length will be posted ERock) We need to patch up a few spots in the extended area so that is why we have a rough oval for now. We also are planning seamless joints including any 90º corners.

I stopped down at the R/C Raceway last Friday and those guys are great. We spoke about maybe doing a few races together but nothing is set in stone.

erock, you can run 1/18th scale, but this is designed for 1/10th. If you come see it in person, you can see how large it actually is. The picture does not do it justice. We may build another track for 1/18th scale as well as slot cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Mike
I am a 1/10th scale guy so that works for me.
The pic did make it look really small.

Can you give me the street address for the track so I can do a mapquest to it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
So when is the racing going to start? Are you going to be racing on Sat.? Any idea as to what time of the day racing moght start? Is the track open for practice on any day other than Sat.? It's really hard for us that work until 12:00 on Sat. and have an hour drive to make it down for practice when you close at 3:00. So just looking for some other practice day or time........

1 - 20 of 326 Posts