Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone,

i'm a noob on this forum and i have been noticing and really liking how awesome the community is to each other...
i especially love the "pay it forward" type gesture of the RAOK!

after seeing alter...& opie... doing their RAOK for Mars Rover and Angry Bird,
i'm going to do the same...but i'm going to change it up with a online scavenger hunt kind of RAOK.

i'm offering 2 mystery machines (1 per winner, 2 winners will be picked) for those who haven't been able to find one yet...(each winner will also get 1 MYSTERY MODEL each with their mystery machine)

in order to qualify for this freebie, you must follow these rules:

1. Be honest in the fact that you do not have one already (opened or carded)

2. Go subscribe, view, thumbs-up & comment on 5 videos on my youtube channel (if you already are a subscriber please mention that):
http://www.youtube.com/mushedroom

3. Report back to this thread with your youtube screen name & a list of which 5 videos you commented on... (PLEASE NO PROFANITY IN YOUR COMMENTS, I HAVE A LOT OF COOL KIDS THAT WATCH MY VIDEOS).

4. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 7 PM WEDNESDAY / OCTOBER 3, 2012.
at which point all qualified entries will be tallied. I will be video taping the entries as they are added into a bowl and 2 names will be drawn on video...
with the results posted on youtube either late WEDNESDAY night or early THURSDAY morning.

and that's it...
i am trying to get more exposure for my youtube channel.
I HOPE THIS DOESN'T SEEM TOO MUCH OF A HASSLE.
i just thought it would be a little fun this way.

this is only open to hobbytalk members ;-)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Nice idea but not everyone does Youtube w/ account etc.... Looks like I am out ...

I like the Game.... Guess what kind of Car I am talking about and you win the Car ... You have to give a clue a day till the Car is guessed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice idea but not everyone does Youtube w/ account etc.... Looks like I am out ...

I like the Game.... Guess what kind of Car I am talking about and you win the Car ... You have to give a clue a day till the Car is guessed.
aw i'm sorry.
it is VERY easy however to open a youtube account with a gmail account...
and you don't have to do anything other than comment, like and subscribe.

i think i'm going to be doing all my RAOK giveaways like this...
so might be worth it if you sign up with youtube?
just a thought... :)

i think the next raok will be the batman live and then angry birds green pig

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
aw i'm sorry.
it is VERY easy however to open a youtube account with a gmail account...
and you don't have to do anything other than comment, like and subscribe.

i think i'm going to be doing all my RAOK giveaways like this...
so might be worth it if you sign up with youtube?
just a thought... :)

i think the next raok will be the batman live and then angry birds green pig
Not a problem... Having a Youtube account isn't my thing though.... Wish ya the best in your RAOKs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Well, I guess I'm the first entrant, Mr. Mushedroom! I'm subscribed under m YouTube screen name CorvairJim - same as on here and every other website I'm on! - and here's a list of the videos I saw and commented on:

2013 Case Unboxing
Matchbox Haul
Super Treasure Hunt Bread Box & Ferraris
"AMAZING rare", Parts 1 & 2

I still hope to find one or more of the Mystery Machine myself, because not only was I a Scooby Doo fan as a kid, but my son has an ice cream truck painted up like the Mystery Machine, so I'd like to get one as a surprise for him as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I guess I'm the first entrant, Mr. Mushedroom! I'm subscribed under m YouTube screen name CorvairJim - same as on here and every other website I'm on! - and here's a list of the videos I saw and commented on:

2013 Case Unboxing
Matchbox Haul
Super Treasure Hunt Bread Box & Ferraris
"AMAZING rare", Parts 1 & 2

I still hope to find one or more of the Mystery Machine myself, because not only was I a Scooby Doo fan as a kid, but my son has an ice cream truck painted up like the Mystery Machine, so I'd like to get one as a surprise for him as well.
thank you jim!
and you are definitely the first entrant.
;-)

p.s. thank you for your comment contributions on my channel!

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
A quick note to everyone else looking in on this thread and thinking "That's too much like work to get one lousy Mystery Machine"... Look, guys, it's a free offer and Mushedroom posts some insightful videos. I enjoyed watching them, and I'll be going back to watch some more. I'm still realtively new in this hobby, so he's teaching me a bunch about the ins and outs of collecting the current crop of mainstream diecasts. Go ahead and check out his posts. You'll enjoy them.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Here's a quick addendum to my notation about the tampo on the MBX camper (The Toys World Tour). I commented that The Toys were a 1960's girl group best known for their "Lover's Concerto". Here's a YouTube link to a video taken from the 1960's TV show "Hullabaloo":

Enjoy! I'm sure you'll remember it as soon as you hear it. The tune is based on J.S.Bach's "Minuet In G Major", as those of us who remember the great Richard Dreyfus film "Mr. Holland's Opus" already know. (Dreyfus drove a 1963 Corvair in that movie... :lol:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A quick note to everyone else looking in on this thread and thinking "That's too much like work to get one lousy Mystery Machine"... Look, guys, it's a free offer and Mushedroom posts some insightful videos. I enjoyed watching them, and I'll be going back to watch some more. I'm still realtively new in this hobby, so he's teaching me a bunch about the ins and outs of collecting the current crop of mainstream diecasts. Go ahead and check out his posts. You'll enjoy them.
hey jim,
THANKS!!! 1 for the video and 2 for the super awesome support!!!
thanks again! and so far... in this contest... you are winning!!! lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a quick addendum to my notation about the tampo on the MBX camper (The Toys World Tour). I commented that The Toys were a 1960's girl group best known for their "Lover's Concerto". Here's a YouTube link to a video taken from the 1960's TV show "Hullabaloo":

The Toys - Lovers Concerto - HQ - YouTube

Enjoy! I'm sure you'll remember it as soon as you hear it. The tune is based on J.S.Bach's "Minuet In G Major", as those of us who remember the great Richard Dreyfus film "Mr. Holland's Opus" already know. (Dreyfus drove a 1963 Corvair in that movie... :lol:)
it gives me great pleasure to write and let you know that YOU ARE THE WINNER!!! Of this contest!!!
woo hoo!
pm me your mailing address!!! ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts