Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sick of these clowns stripping the pegs of any car that is deemed even remotely "collectible".

Most recently, I told a member that I still had a Fabulous Hudson Hornet for him from the Pixar series (you know, the die cast cars that are realistic looking to the cartoon cars?!) and he asked if I could find a Dirt Track McQueen for him, as the pegs were stripped clean in his area.

I told him I had just seen a ton of them and would grab one for him. Next thing you know, every last one had been stripped off the pegs around here.

The "locusts" had left nothing for any other collectors.

Today at a KB store, I found six of these things (finally!!!) and I took a page right out of the Mark Appeloff Anti-Scalper Handbook:

"The scalper's can't profit from them if I get there first!"

With that in mind, I'd rather I had them to offer in trade to other collectors than the damned scalpers put them up on E Bay for stupid money.

Next time I see a familiar member here on HT looking for one of these, I've got him covered ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
scalper,s be damned!!!!!!!!!!

That,s what i did when i opened that hw shipper a few weeks ago. Took most of the batmobile,s and raok,d all but 3. There wasnt but 1 treasure hunt in 9 cases, or i would have taken them all also. I sent out $20 worth of packages that week!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Anyone ever consider that it might be the real collectors who are grabbing stuff up for trades instead of the scalpers? It seems to happen :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's not possible to repeat on Hobbytalk what I have to say about scalpers. I stopped collecting diecast for over 5 years because I was so fed up with them.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I will look for you since they are still putting out the first set of super charged around here. You are looking for the hornet, correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts