Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys scale/set up your pan cars for ovals, do you use the Nose/Cross/Left and adjust to get the right percentages or do y'all do it differently?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
487 Posts
Scale your car and get all the numbers. Keep notes of everything you can and find out what numbers work best for you. I keep notes of Nose, Left and Cross. I hope this helps some.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would start between 45-46% Nose weight. Each class and car is going to like something a little different but this is a good place to start.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
question for dmayhew
if I have a KSG GEN II car how can I get 70% left running 1 cell lipo.the cars is rather heavy it only needs 50grammes to make weight.any help will be appreciated
thanks
Danny/72

·
Registered
790 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to ever get 70% left side weight without tipping your car on it's left door.

Most set ups will be in the 52%-58% area for left side weight and 45%- $48.5% for cross weight. You would be amazed how much of a difference just 1/10 of a % will make.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to ever get 70% left side weight without tipping your car on it's left door.

Most set ups will be in the 52%-58% area for left side weight and 45%- $48.5% for cross weight. You would be amazed how much of a difference just 1/10 of a % will make.
That may be true for a real car but a pancar on foams racing on carpet you better be much higher than 52-58%. I have over 70% in all my cars.

flag172- I really don't think your going to be able to get that much on the left with the gen2. Lighten everything you can on your car and stack all the lead or tungsten on the left side and get as much as you can.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yup, you're correct. I just checked my scale numbers from my pan car last year, 70% is a good number.

My brain is stuck on big car numbers from the summer. Hopefully it will all come back to me before my indoor season starts... :freak:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That may be true for a real car but a pancar on foams racing on carpet you better be much higher than 52-58%. I have over 70% in all my cars.

flag172- I really don't think your going to be able to get that much on the left with the gen2. Lighten everything you can on your car and stack all the lead or tungsten on the left side and get as much as you can.
thanks David:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Do you guys set up the chassis on scales with or without the body on? I've been told to try and get 12.5 oz on the LR, and work from there.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If I only have 2 scales (REAR TIRES) what are some close #'s I should use on each side to use as a good starting point?:confused:
You should include what kind of car you have,
type of battery, and the minimum weight for your class.

Those missing variables make it hard for someone to answer your question.
Include it, and I'm sure someone will get you started in the right direction....

There is nothing wrong with using two scales.
Just make sure your "dummy" scales are as close to
the scale height as you can get.
The ones I used were the same thickness as 3/4" MDF..
After your car is built, and as long as you don't move any
componants around, many use just one on the left rear
at the track for adjustments..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking at Mayhew's Snowbirds setup... how do you get the RR weight that low? I've got lightened hubs, all aluminum screws, everything but still end up with like 160 on the RR.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts