Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have track from Scalextric Sport. I can't seem to get 2 cars running independently. I'm definitely a noob to the slot car world. No matter what track I put the car on, 1 controller controls them both. If I plug 2 controllers in, both need to be pressed before either car will run. The 2 cars basically run together. I have 2 crossovers in the track design so you stay in the same lane the whole race.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This photo doesn't have the crossover on turn 4 because I forgot to put it in, but as of now, it is there and I still can't get the cars to run independent of each other.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
you just answered your own question. If your using crossovers they need to be used in pairs, one crossover will give you exactly what your problem is.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
There's really only two ways this problem can happen. First possibility is there is (for lack of a better word) a short between the inside and outside lane power rail. Another possibility is one of the cross overs is defective and jumping the power from one lane to the other. Obviously the power is going to both lanes. Try this.... Disconnect the terminal track from the rest of the track and see if the cars behave correctly. If they do, it's a problem with a crossover. If the cars still aren't running correctly, look at the terminal track itself. Check to make sure everything is plugged in the right places, and connected completely. If all looks good there, check the wiring under the terminal to see if the inside lane wires/ contacts are hitting the outside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I added a second crossover because of the obvious but it didn't fix it. I had to replace the powered part of the track with another one. Somethings wrong with my power. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts