Here's a good one. Took awhile to figure out. I bought 2 used Digital Lane Change sets. They come with the extended figure 8, with the elevated 90* crossing. The track supports are a joke. Go out and buy some wooden dowels. Cut em in half inch increments. I think I used half inch diameter. It was a hair too small, so I wrapped electrical tape around it. Holds nice and firm. Anyways, I cleaned the tracks good, then assembled the tracks. Cars went around fine at first, then started dying in the same spot. I replaced the dead track with one from another set. Fine for awhile, then dead again. I pinched the rail ends, and tapped the top back down so the braids wouldn't catch. Still dead. Walked away frustrated, but kept thinking about it. I'm clicking a cheap pen, reading emails, and it hits me. SPRING! I go get my jar of misc springs, and find one that fits snug, and trim it so it's 3mm longer than the rail end. When pushed together, the spring keeps constant contact, so no more dead track. I can't be the only one, considering how bad the elevated supports are, so stop throwing out your tracks, or soldering on useless wires for tiny floor tracks. Go get some springs and reclaim the floor!