Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know about scag brand commercial mowers? turf tiger 29 hp with 61 inch velocity mower deck. we have 4 of them brand new this year. the problem is we keep getting stripped out clutch belt. one of our operators, i think, is a bit overactive with the deck clutch engage button. could this be an accellerant to destroying the belt or are there other underlying issues?
my boss says we should be able to beat the hell out of these machines but i think there is a limit to calling a beating a beating.

b.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Well they should be able to accept quite a bit of abuse. The correct procedure for engaging the blades is to turn them on at 1/2 throttle and then increase the engine speed to full. You should also decrease to 1/2 throttle before turning the blades off. This is really meant to save wear and tear on the clutch. I don't really know anyone who does this and I have not really noticed a lot of belt issues.

Which model Scag mowers do you have?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.