Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the kitty is out of the bag,hows about telling everybody about the new chassis Bud?? :wave: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
Well here it is the SC18V2M chassis conversion. A new addition to the worlds first real pan car :)
I will not be doing a kit in the near future so just the comversion chassis will be available. The retail price will be $20.00. It is the same wheel base as the SC18V2.
It uses all the parts that are on Your SC18V2 front end just bolts on and also the rear end thats 7 total screws. You have to flip the rear pod plates to put the motor in front of axle. You may need to run smaller receiver and speed control depending on what you have in your car. This car has a Novak GTX speedo, JR rec'v and a personal transponder in it.
Testing on our large track with stock motor and 6 cell has shown a increase of about 1 lap on a 15 second a lap track. The chassis makes the car much smoother gives more rear end bite, transitions turns faster and just handles better.
There is no need for a center shock! and We will not make it in carbon fiber! I have tryed these and did not like them in 1/18th.
If You want one e mail [email protected] Paypal only $24.50 includes priority mail.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Those of you contemplating this conversion with the BRP "Big Block" rear pod option, be advised some minor alterations will be needed to make work. All Big Blocks motors run opposite rotation to the stock 16D motor. They are normally mounted on the right side plate with the regular chassis. Flipping the right plate 180 degrees puts the axle height too high. Swapping left and right sides doesn't work, the motor will rotate incorrectly. Solution: Just lay the right side plate on top of the left, and copy the location of the motor mounting hole and slot. Use a drill and dremel tool to modify the left side plate. Then the left side plate can be used on the right side, with correct axle height and motor rotation.

Whew, I think I just had a Rafster flashback!

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
Well here it is the SC18V2M chassis conversion. A new addition to the worlds first real pan car :)
I will not be doing a kit in the near future so just the comversion chassis will be available. The retail price will be $20.00. It is the same wheel base as the SC18V2.
It uses all the parts that are on Your SC18V2 front end just bolts on and also the rear end thats 7 total screws. You have to flip the rear pod plates to put the motor in front of axle. You may need to run smaller receiver and speed control depending on what you have in your car. This car has a Novak GTX speedo, JR rec'v and a personal transponder in it.
Testing on our large track with stock motor and 6 cell has shown a increase of about 1 lap on a 15 second a lap track. The chassis makes the car much smoother gives more rear end bite, transitions turns faster and just handles better.
There is no need for a center shock! and We will not make it in carbon fiber! I have tryed these and did not like them in 1/18th.
If You want one e mail [email protected] Paypal only $24.50 includes priority mail.
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

1 - 20 of 142 Posts