Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Bud:

You need to route out a handful of graphite SC18 chassis plates, call 'em "Special Editions," and sell 'em to the bench crowd for $100 a pop.

Seriously, people want to think they're making an improvement on the car, even if they're on the wrong track. How else could anyone sell aluminum suspension arms for a touring car?

See ya tomorrow.

M

·
0 Posts
How are you guys making the speed 300 work in the SC18??Doen't the speed turn counter clockwise?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speed 300 motor in a SC18

The Big Block/Speed 300 motor pod is setup to have the pinion/spur on the opposite side of the car as the standard SC18's motor (Super 16D slot car motor). That way the motor turns in the correct direction.

David
RAFster

M

·
0 Posts
Call me stupid but i don't follow you.:confused:Have a pic of what this looks like on the SC18??Kinda new to this micro stuff...need to be led by the hand for a while LOL :D Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The SC18 normally has the motor Pinion/Spur gear on the driver's side. Since the Speed 300 turns in the opposite direction of the Super 16D (std motor) the rear pod is designed to have the Pinion/Spur on the passenger side.

See the picture at:
http://www.brpracing.com/325.html
That's the Speed 300/Big Block.

Then look at the standard rear pod.
http://www.brpracing.com/110chassiscomplete.html

Now you see the difference?

David
RAFster

M

·
0 Posts
Okie dokie..got it! :D Well,you guys convinced me....one SC18 and rear pod conversion on the way!Can't wait to get it and smoke some rs4 tail at my local track. ;) Thanks for your help,its much appreciated

·
Registered
509 Posts
Chris you have to be a very good driver to control the power. We run a series with Bud who designed and builds the cars and we run the stock motor and find it very fast.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Ive had both, only kept them for about 2 weeks a piece. I liked the micro alot better, more of a market for it. but if there was a Buds Car oval class, id buy a new buds car. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey 8 years later im going to have one of each the mrs4 is just about done and the sc18 brand new.....
hope Buds around makin these things for another 20 years or so...
MAYBE i'll get tired of it when im 70...

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
hey 8 years later im going to have one of each the mrs4 is just about done and the sc18 brand new.....
hope Buds around makin these things for another 20 years or so...
MAYBE i'll get tired of it when im 70...
I will if people buy them but Chinas stuff is really cutting into RC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts