Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doeas anyone know if an aftermarket body for the slash will fit on the sc10? the only bodies i can find are the jconcepts for the sc10. but seem to be alot more for the slash

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Im sure you can make any bodies fit with a little ingenuity. I dont know the specifics of the SC 10, but I am sure the dimensions are close to the Slash? You may have to raise or lower body posts to get it to fit right? You may have to trim more or less from the wheel wells too? You must have a buddy or know someone who owns a Slash. Slap their body on your truck and see how it lines up. The post holes may be located in different spots, but the track and wheel base should be very close.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
the track idth will match up nicely, but the wheelbase is going to be your problem.The sc10 wheelbase is shorter than the slash wheelbase by almost 6mm. I think i personally would mount the front using the stock wheel cut-outs to line it up, and re-cut the rear wheel wells for the new wheelbase.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put a sc10 body on my slash chassie and it fits just fine, the only thing you need to do is mark the location of the body posts before you paint, the holes for the posts will be alittle ferther back then the molded marks on the sc10 body. you can use the trim lines that is on the body when you cut it out the body fits very well so i would say a slash body on a sc10 chassie shouldnt be a problem .you may ask why would someone put a sc10 body on a slash chassie or viseversa the reason i did it was because i like the looks for the sc10 body,but now that the slash 4x4 is out thats a good looking body as well the next body i paint for my slash will be the slash 4x4.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
We threw a Slash body at my sons SC10 kit until his new body was painted. Use the stock rear slash mounting holes. The fronts will need to be about 1" farther forward for the SC. Then we did some fender/body trimming to finish up. It ended up fitting and looking pretty good. Funny, it was also the quickest slash on our indoor track.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Proline just came out with a new body that is a rally style for the slash, and they say that with a bit of trimming it will fit the SC10. It's actually a really nice looking body. Check it out at prolineracing.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts