Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Noticed That Most Of The Races Ive Watched R Between 5-10 Min And I Dont See How The R Running That Long. I Didnt Think That The Battery Would Last More Than 5-6 Min
Any Thoughts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I ran an SC10, with a 17.5 brushless, and SMC 5000mah 28 c battery for 35-40 minutes in practice. They're not that much harder on the electronics as a stadium truck. Kevin

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
WIth a 5000 ma lipo, I can easily run a few laps of practice, and 5 minute heat and an 8 minute main all on the same pack. Before I ran Lipo, I was using 3000ma NiMh batts. I would top it off after practice, and after the heat. I would keep my fingers crossed for the main. THe Lipo maintains it punch through all the racing. THe NiMh would start to fall off about half way through the main. It would finish, but would be slightly less than it was when the race started. I can easily get 30 minutes of racing out of the 5000 ma LiPo pack. You mentioned 5 to 6 minutes? What kind of batteries did you have in mind? Or are you learning at this time? Either way, ask ask ask if you dont know. Thats how you learn.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im In Nitro Most Of The Time And Starting To Do The Elec Stuff But Im Learning As I Go.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Lipo is the way to go. Last Friday I won the 5 minute B-main and bumped to the 7 minute A-main and practiced a few minutes between each race and had at least half of my battery left after the races. I run a 2c 5400 lipo.

Jeff

·
Registered
580 Posts
"C" is the capacity in milliampere-hours, in Jerzferno's example, 5000mah, or 5 ampere-hours. The 32C in his pack means that the pack can handle a discharge rate of 32 x 5 amps = 160 amps. Which is more discharge capability than you'll ever need in 1/10 unless you want to use your motor to roast marshmallows:p. Hope that was clear, I simplified the terms a bit.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Buzz I run these on Novak 8.5's in my 1/10th scale buggy, sprint car and EDM. No temperature problems what so ever. 120 deg F was the highest I ever saw on the ESC or motor.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah, but you're not geared to pull 160 amps, either:p. That would be more total wattage than we're gearing our E-8 buggies for. I just meant that the "c" ratings are MORE than adequate for the purpose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts