Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I should post this or not, but I have some of what may be very bad news. I can't put this any other way, but I've already contacted the powers that be about deleting my account. I've been sick, and too embarassed to tell anyone here about it. I collapsed two weeks ago with severe dehydration. I've had a few times that I've used the toilet to find blood in my stool, and on the paper when I wipe. It could be one of three things. 1. Hemorhoids - only I don't have the symptoms of hemorhoids, except the blood. 2. A colon polyup. OR 3. CANCER. If it IS indeed the latter of the three - I won't fight it!

I've been feeling tired, and run down lately. And most of my energy seems to wane easily - not a good sign at all. I get confused more often now, and I've been unable to sleep good at night. I have to use the bathroom all the time even when I shouldn't be going as often as I have been as of late. I don't know if all this is related, or if there's something else wrong, but there will no reason for me to stay here once I get too sick to participate - "dead men tell no tales"! The blood is definately NOT a good sign of anything but intestinal cancer - the same which just took the life of Andy Gibb TODAY. This is serious - NOT A JOKE! I thought about whether or not I should tell everyone as I don't want to alarm anyone, but I would rather you see it coming rather than be a surprise. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but I'll finish everything in double time since I don't know how much time I have left. :confused: I'll keep everyone updated on my prognosis as I learn more.. Stay tuned, people. It's about to get ugly!! :drunk:

~ Chris​

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
It could be something else, I have blood but I know mine is from hemorrhoids. These days many cancers can be treated, the key is to catch it early. Get yourself to a doctor asap which means tomorrow. I get colonoscopies every 5 years which is now going to 4 years starting next year. Both parents had colon cancer and it is nothing to mess with. Catching it early before it is even cancerous is the key and I have always been clean. I even had an esophagus stretching two weeks ago and while he was doing that he checked my stomach and the top of my intestines and all was good, even my esophagus. It always feels good when they tell you that afterwards. Now get to the doctor tomorrow and get this figured out. You've got too big a stash awaiting you Chris!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Chris, as hard as it is, please try to not think the very worst 'til you've seen your doctor.
I very often feel like there's something very wrong with me and I've found it's not as bad as I think it is- with me it's more my mental state and no longer trusting my judgment.
I truly hope it's not the big one and that you're able to get back to what you do well- modelling.
I know we sometimes don't see eye to eye but I have a lot of respect for you and wish you nothing but the best.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Here's hoping your imagination is playing havoc with you but in any case, SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY ! ! It may not be as bad as you think. Regardless, I, ( and I'm sure the rest of us ) wish you the best and we'll be waiting to hear what comes up. GOOD LUCK !

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Chris, don't start thinking the worse until you see the Dr.! There are many non-life threatening conditions with these symptoms!! Ulcerative colitis is one. Which is unlcers on the colon. This is a serious condition, I know, I used to have it. Lots of blood, but can be controlled. I was forced to retire for health reason and when I stopped working it went away. Very likely caused by stress so says the Dr.

You are doing the wrong thing to your mental as well as physical health jumping to the worst case scenario! Stop it!! See the Dr. first. This could very well be cancer, God Forbid, but let the Dr.s know. Let them tell you what you have.

Let me reiterate, there are many conditons with these same symptoms. You could very well have any one of them.

God speed,
hal9001-

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
With the exception of the blood, all your issues are also part of getting old. Stress added in for that lack of sleep and such and your imagination running wild. I recommend the SEE A DOCTOR ASAP route. Are you insured? Can you go to the emergency room? Many insurance policies pay 100% if you roll into the ER for a issue.

I have been under a ton of stress with a new contract, different prime contractor, and a new job, and dealing with my house flood last year. I took up drinking a little too much and irritated my stomach which made me stress even more. Since my mom died I've also been paying closer attention to my 86 yr old dad, and earlier this year I had to spend $1K on my car so I've had no money - so I know stress and its long term damage. Try to be an optimist.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Chris....let me echo what all your brothers above have already said...
Please see a Doctor....
Waaaaaaaay too many models to build man....
......we are here for you...
Denis

·
Registered
779 Posts
My wife is now recovering nicely from some similar symptoms. She spent a week in ICU because she didn't see a doctor when she should have. PLEASE see a doctor and get better!!

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I hope for the best with you- what you describe can be many things- get it checked out by a doctor ASAP.

Tomorrow I go in for a biopsy for prostrate cancer. PSA levels are over twice what they should be and a number of symptoms match. This has been a concern for a while and it is not going to be determined for certain.

Rather than worry and be deluged by links sent by well meaning friends I am having a doctor make a determination and I will know for sure.

I urgently suggest you do the same- find a doctor and let then do some tests, Medicine is very good about making these determinations- if it is a problem then you will know for sure and can take steps to deal with it.
If it is just a collection of things which do not add up to an actual problem then you can relax and start dealing with those. Low energy- iron deficiency. Urination at odd times- enlarged normal prostrate.

Find out for sure and deal with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey, Don't jump to conclusions. I'm a diabetic who was been out of control for over a year, just getting my glucose under control now. I can tell you that all of your symptoms are ones that I have had over the last year, including chronic fatigue and depression. These symptoms may be a good indication that you are an uncontrolled, undiagnosed diabetic. You need to see a doctor and get compete blood workup and a good physical exam before you assume anything.
The blood in the stool can easily be from stress or hemorrhoids. Don't be so quick to write yourself off. You could have one of a number of conditions unrelated to cancer.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had colon cancer a decade ago.

This is a disease that has a very high cure rate if you don't waste time getting to work on it.

I was bleeding from my rear end as well and it's absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a medical condition. You see a doctor IMMEDIATELY. They'll take a look in there and take a sample of what's ailing you. It's painless. And once things are in motion to get you fixed up, you'll feel better knowing things are being dealt with.

Please contact a doctor TODAY.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
I don't know if I should post this or not, but I have some of what may be very bad news. I can't put this any other way, but I've already contacted the powers that be about deleting my account. I've been sick, and too embarassed to tell anyone here about it. I collapsed two weeks ago with severe dehydration. I've had a few times that I've used the toilet to find blood in my stool, and on the paper when I wipe. It could be one of three things. 1. Hemorhoids - only I don't have the symptoms of hemorhoids, except the blood. 2. A colon polyup. OR 3. CANCER. If it IS indeed the latter of the three - I won't fight it!

I've been feeling tired, and run down lately. And most of my energy seems to wane easily - not a good sign at all. I get confused more often now, and I've been unable to sleep good at night. I have to use the bathroom all the time even when I shouldn't be going as often as I have been as of late. I don't know if all this is related, or if there's something else wrong, but there will no reason for me to stay here once I get too sick to participate - "dead men tell no tales"! The blood is definately NOT a good sign of anything but intestinal cancer - the same which just took the life of Andy Gibb TODAY. This is serious - NOT A JOKE! I thought about whether or not I should tell everyone as I don't want to alarm anyone, but I would rather you see it coming rather than be a surprise. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but I'll finish everything in double time since I don't know how much time I have left. :confused: I'll keep everyone updated on my prognosis as I learn more.. Stay tuned, people. It's about to get ugly!! :drunk:

~ Chris​
Go to a doctor, I had similar symptoms a few years ago and it was just a nasty virus.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,278 Posts
I've had blood spots occasionally too, and it was nothing more than a small tear from going too often and wiping too hard. The rest does indeed sound like it could be stress and aging. But I can't add more than what every one else has said: See. A. Doctor.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Want to echo what's already been said, it could be something as simple as an internal 'roid - no outwards symptoms except the blood. Won't know until you're checked, though.

Do keep us posted!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Dude, until you KNOW, you DON'T know. Go have some tests for cryin' out loud!

It could be something very minor — but could turn into something more serious if you decide, before finding out, that you "won't fight it".

Don't be stupid. Check it first, get the FACTS, then you'll know. C'mon, bro.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Usually, if it's bright red, it comes from farther out. If it's dark red, it comes from farther in .. and is more of a concern. But I'm not a doctor.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.