Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
A quote from the comments on that page:
I love how it is the symbol for infinity (hope and promise) and yet the cars just race endlessly (futility) since there is no finish line.

I thought they were just little race cars.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I expect all of you slotters to be using four 9" quarter turns as the basis of your holiday wreath attached to your front door. Nothing says "Slot Dude Lives Here" more than a festive bouquet of pine boughs, holly, and berries wrapped around a red & white FIA curbing surrounding a 9" track circle. Spray some fake snow on the track and hot glue some Sleigh of Tomorrow (SOT) vehicles duking it out on the frozen circle. Spray paint some busted Tomy controllers metallic gold and hang them like bells from the wreath. Apply some green foil and crossed checkered flags in the infield, with maybe a holiday greeting, and that should round it all out. If you want to go go full metal tacky add some blinking LEDs, mabye in true NHRA Christmas tree or F1 starting lights fashion. Your neighbors will be in awe.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I expect all of you slotters to be using four 9" quarter turns as the basis of your holiday wreath attached to your front door. Nothing says "Slot Dude Lives Here" more than a festive bouquet of pine boughs, holly, and berries wrapped around a red & white FIA curbing surrounding a 9" track circle. Spray some fake snow on the track and hot glue some Sleigh of Tomorrow (SOT) vehicles duking it out on the frozen circle. Spray paint some busted Tomy controllers metallic gold and hang them like bells from the wreath. Apply some green foil and crossed checkered flags in the infield, with maybe a holiday greeting, and that should round it all out. If you want to go go full metal tacky add some blinking LEDs, mabye in true NHRA Christmas tree or F1 starting lights fashion. Your neighbors will be in awe.
Sounds like you've done this before!

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is a very cool old commercial.

When the vid is over scroll the vids at the bottom and look for one called Giant slot car track. Very cool track and a story behind it. Slot cars are helping this guy through a very tough time. I surely hope he gets to enjoy his track for a very long time.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
now ya done it. my wife is gonna kill me when i do this.

--rick

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
That is a very cool old commercial.

When the vid is over scroll the vids at the bottom and look for one called Giant slot car track. Very cool track and a story behind it. Slot cars are helping this guy through a very tough time. I surely hope he gets to enjoy his track for a very long time.

That video is about Greg Katz and unfortunately he has since died from the cancer he was fighting. :(

But on the positive side, his track has been reborn after being mothballed for a while after his passing and there is a group in California that still races on the Katz-Spa-Ring. :)

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Yeah that Old Aurora commercial was Neat to watch...

That's very sad to hear. At least he had a fun hobby and some good freinds to enjoy it with.
I'm sure that Greg has a even larger set up in Heaven now to race on. Probably a 20 laner...yeah!

Our son Fletcher and I just watched this video together for the first time. I have seen it a bunch of times. Seeing this video is just AWSUM as this layout is deffinatly Big Time Fun and would be a blast to race on.

Bob...Rest in Peace Greg Katz...zilla

1 - 13 of 13 Posts