Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on the road these days calling on garages all over southern New England (Mass., RI, Conn.) and am lucky enough to see some awesome sights. Yesterday was one of them.

I pulled up to this small used car lot, and was greeted by a hulk of a coupe; massive, but beautiful, though the years had not been kind to her. In all my years of car shows, etc., I had seen nothing like this before. The hubcaps bore the name, but I refused to believe they were the correct ones until I saw the hood ornament and the grill ...... it was indeed a Cadillac. I wish I had my digi with me to give you the impressive look from the rear 3/4 view, but this is the best I can do:

The shop owner told me the car (1941!) has been in his family since 1963, and until recently was stored in a barn that unfortunately developed a leaky roof. I could tell :drunk: . I told him that thing was screaming to be turned into the luxury hot rod it should have been in the 1950's, when Caddy V8's were the cats @$$. (I forgot to ask him what "series" Caddy this was :( )

I would love to see this one done by RC2!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Those were the days of luxury and class. Even the women in car ads were elegant and stylish as the automobile they were advertising for.

Later in the 60's women were still promoting the American automotive dream.

Today, lets slap it together w/o any style to it at all. Big, fat, thick, or thin,
if you want it now, we'll get you in.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
carnut2256 said:
I'm on the road these days calling on garages all over southern New England (Mass., RI, Conn.) and am lucky enough to see some awesome sights. Yesterday was one of them.

I pulled up to this small used car lot, and was greeted by a hulk of a coupe; massive, but beautiful, though the years had not been kind to her. In all my years of car shows, etc., I had seen nothing like this before. The hubcaps bore the name, but I refused to believe they were the correct ones until I saw the hood ornament and the grill ...... it was indeed a Cadillac. I wish I had my digi with me to give you the impressive look from the rear 3/4 view, but this is the best I can do:

The shop owner told me the car (1941!) has been in his family since 1963, and until recently was stored in a barn that unfortunately developed a leaky roof. I could tell :drunk: . I told him that thing was screaming to be turned into the luxury hot rod it should have been in the 1950's, when Caddy V8's were the cats @$$. (I forgot to ask him what "series" Caddy this was :( )

I would love to see this one done by RC2!
There's a fairly nice one floating around here, driven by an old fellow who, according to him, was on hand for the invention of dirt. :lol:
I carry my digi around with me most of the time now, I'll get off a couple of shots next tme I see it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts