Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
I'm with you! This is a great place to talk movies! Mostly I lurk but I will be very disapointed if this board goes bye-bye like Polar Lights board did. Luckily, us PL veterans could fit right in to the Modeling Forum. No other option exists here for us to discuss movies.

I will say, I wonder how some of the topics posted relate to models. I hope all of us apples aren't judged by the few bad ones.

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
I could be wrong, but I submit discontinuing MFM would only give rise to an increase in off-topic, media-related chatter on the other HobbyTalk forums.

Movies and models are life-long passions of mine, and on no other site do they come together as intelligently, entertainingly and informatively as they do here. In an internet brimming with bile it's been a pretty cool place to hang out.

I'm not big on fraternities, but this is one clubhouse I'd hate to see shuttered.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I hope it stays too, I'm always getting into trouble for talking about movies on the political boards.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Carson Dyle said:
I could be wrong, but I submit discontinuing MFM would only give rise to an increase in off-topic, media-related chatter on the other HobbyTalk forums.

Movies and models are life-long passions of mine, and on no other site do they come together as intelligently, entertainingly and informatively as they do here. In an internet brimming with bile it's been a pretty cool place to hang out.

I'm not big on fraternities, but this is one clubhouse I'd hate to see shuttered.

I strongly second that.

These are lifelong passions of mine, also. This is always the first board that I check in on every morning. I would really hate to lose it.

Another vote for keeping it open.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I say close it!
Who needs it?
And while Hank's at it, close down the Diorama forum!
And the Die Cast section!
And the RC forum!
No one looks at Slot Cars!!

Just close down HobbyTalk alltogether!!
No one comes here anymore!

:tongue:
Just kidding.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
What we need an SAFEand Mature off topic place to chat. It would take a GOOD modelrator who would be able to visit frequently and use fare judgement.

We are human after all and at times I feel this is my only mature social place to hang out and chat with kindred pals.

It is possible to discuss topics and things without getting ugly or offensive.....that has happened here more than any other board on the net in my experience here.

Some boards have it set up where one reads a disclaimer, age agreement and a warning before entering.

·
Starship Class
11,656 Posts
fluke said:
It would take a GOOD modelrator who would be able to visit frequently and use fare judgement.
So does "fare judgement" involve paying money to resolve any disagreement in one's favor?

:jest:

:wave:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts