Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just got a savage and I need an engine for it. I want an engine that will be faster than the stock one and will make my savage wheelie. tuning isn't an problem but if it stays tuned and is easy to tune that would be better.

thank you

·
Registered
147 Posts
try an axial .28 or .32 not too expensive and great power..also sts...and any picco...picco being the most expensive

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about a picco .28 but I can't find anything on it good or bad. I think it was just when thay first came out but i've heard that the axials have a leaky front bearing. do you know anything about that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
no not sure just have seen many forums in which people are happy about the performance...picco's are great as well they put out great horsepower and they run strong..but i hear they are not great tuners cause they always need a new tune

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Newkid I had never heard that before. If there was no price limit what engine would make my three speed savage be able to wheelie easily and still make it go much faster than the stock engine. Also it would be nice if it stayed tuned fairly well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Savvy Engine

For anywhere from $119.00 to $129.00 you can have a Mach .26c.
I really dont recomend a high output big block for a Novice on a Savage.
A stock savage drivetrain can only handle about 2.75-3 hp. Any more than that on a STOCK drivetrain & you will shred everything from the spur to the dogbones. Mind you, this is only my OPINION. Ive only been racing a Savvy every Sun. for the last 2yrs.
I try to stay biased to Horizon Hobbies because of their service dept.
They have sent me 2 fresh engines. One was even out of warantee!!
But it didnt matter because they actually tore the engine down & saw that the problem was not my fault.

Tudogs

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow thanks for the good info Tudogs! I have run other rc trucks for a while now so im not a to bad of a driver and I have take apart the truck and put it back together already. How fast do you think my savage will go with the mach. also how long will the engine last with some medium bashing. Lastly how does the k4.6 compare.

hey if I did get a high output engine I would just have to replace the broken parts with beter ones. darn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Savvy Speed

Never put a radar gun on my truck. But with my mach, 15/47 gears, a good tune and 30% nitro, I can keep up with the big dogs.

Mind you I race. I dont bash at all. Too much money wrapped up into my truck for that.

Just a simple question, why are you trying to see how fast you can go in a 12lb monster truck? You ought to be trying to perfect the tripple backflip.

Tudogs

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks that engine sounds like a great unexpensive engine. I just like to know how fast it will go. It will go faster than the stock .25 engine right? just out of curiosity will my savage wheelie? lastly would the 427 be as good or better? thanks for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts