Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't usually buy Pixar Cars whatsoever. They are cute but for the price I can get a Boulevard and a regular Matchbox. The detail isn't that flash either and I'm missing rubber wheels.

Still, there was one I had to get. It is "Petrov Trunkov". When I grew up in East Berlin, the Saporoshez 968 was quite a common sight around 1982-84. And a common sound too. It was nick named "Taiga drum". So because this isn't a model you see every day unless you go and browse a lot of stores online, I just had to buy one. Too expensive, not a great quality as far as diecast is concerned, but you often overpay a little just for some childhood memories.

Just so you get an idea of the 1:1, here are a few photos. The first two were taken around 1982 and you can spot one. The other two come from Google.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: Didn't realize my ipad photos looked so horrendous. I'll replace them later when I get home from work. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
that is the only "cars" car that caught my eye because of the good weathering tampo that is on there....cool looking cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts