Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Will have to see what the numbers come out in testing and what the cost of them are. The GP3300's for most racers are more then enough for club racing. You also have the little issue of getting them approved. They will not be ROAR approved untill Jan 1, 2005. So for this year, there only good at clubs that allow them (and a good reason why ROAR added that rule).

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
NO ONE WILL CARE WHAT SANYO is selling they are coming out with a 3600 that has NO VOLTAGE and very hi IRover 3.0 the runtime is 440-460 at 30amps ....... The cost is 1.25 per cell higher from SANYO .....The GP3300 cell is cheaper and is already producing 3500 Millamps NOW ......

Put a fork in the new sanyo .......................

SRM

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i thought i had heard that most of the sanctioning bodies put a hold on cells higher then 3300 mah ... so that the buy new bateries every few month when a new one come out craze would stopp.... i could be wrong.. but i thought i had heard that....

·
Registered
78 Posts
The way i see it is, i don't mind having Sanyo come out with 3600s, all that'll do is bring the price of GP3300s down so i'l be able to better afford them

God knows they are more than enough for me anyways

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I agree with the rocket put a fork in the 3600 and burst ernie's bubble,dont buy them you'll just be dissapointed like everyone was with the sanyo 3300's

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
snickers//// gp cells are the cheapest selling cells in a long time....i remember when 1700 and 2000 packs came out if u wante good voltage u paid 80-90 bucks a pack... u can find 6 cell gp 1.17 packs in showcases across the country for 60-70 bucks and even less..

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
honestly now, what in the WORLD are we gonna need 3600mah for? uless they make qualifiers 6 or 7 min events, and mains 10 mins, i dont see us using the full "potential" of these batteries, unless we really overgear, and smoke our motors.... i dont see it being useful.... there are guys at my clubs track that are usin 1700's and are not dumpping. kinda strange..... gotta keep our eye on this one, since the sanyo 3300's were a bust.....

-Tone

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
You have to admit, it is nice to see Sanyo comming back into the mix. I actully loved the Sanyo 3300 cells. They were much lighter and stronger on the track. To bad they only lasted about 15 runs. Who knows.....Maybe Panisonic will make a comeback as well. 3600 is a lot of time however. I know how some of you say it is more than we need but the more runtime there is the potential of having more voltage at the start is also there. I am curious to see what the voltage will be on these cells.

·
Registered
767 Posts
My 2 cents, why keep going with Nimh or Nicad, I think the RC car industry should be looking into lithuim polymer batteries. I started Using them in my planes last month, and I WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT, ever go back to using my NIMH in my planes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
SMROCKET said:
NO ONE WILL CARE WHAT SANYO is selling they are coming out with a 3600 that has NO VOLTAGE and very hi IRover 3.0 the runtime is 440-460 at 30amps ....... The cost is 1.25 per cell higher from SANYO .....The GP3300 cell is cheaper and is already producing 3500 Millamps NOW ......

Put a fork in the new sanyo .......................

SRM
Hey bud, not to put a wrench in what you wrote, but we've already had a few dozen people email us about their avaliabilty. :eek: Whenever a new battery hits the market, there is always some sort of demand for it.. at least until final verdict comes out about how good the product is.

Sanyo really disappointed a lot of people with their 3300 cells. After loosing as much of the market share as they did to GP, I wouldn't be suprised if they are firing back with the introduction of this new cell. Rumor has it the Sanyo 3600 cell produces voltage higher than GP 3300's. I guess we will see..

Let the battery wars begin! lol

Regards,
Gary F. Huber
Surge Battery Matching
"Feel the Power"
www.surgebatterymatching.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
ChrisHarris said:
"Let the battery wars begin".

Begin????? Did they stop. I must have missed something. ;)
I think the battery wars have been between matchers, not manufactures! GP has been dominating the competitive market, it would be nice to see a little competition between them and Sanyo. :thumbsup: Is Sanyo bringing out the big guns?? Or is this going to be another fire and a miss by them? I wonder..

Regards,
Gary F. Huber
Surge Battery Matching
"Feel the Power"
www.surgebatterymatching.com

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
FASTALJR said:
My 2 cents, why keep going with Nimh or Nicad, I think the RC car industry should be looking into lithuim polymer batteries. I started Using them in my planes last month, and I WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT, ever go back to using my NIMH in my planes.
There are guys using the Li-polies and Lithium Ion batts in their Micro's and/or Mini T's. The performance is outstanding. Runtime is about 15 minutes longer than the same voltage nihm pack and speeds are greater.

Downfalls are they are extremely dangerous and need a special charger. The Turbo 30/35/GFX will not charge them. You know guys will try deadshorting, reverse charging, etc which from what I heard could cause death to the user if mis-handled.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
GHUBER , I will say it now ...The market will not want or need these batteries ....If they were apples to apples better than the GP then we could expect a large "market for the new cell .But the samples are junk at best right now ....Back to the drawing board for SANYO .....SRM

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
if it ant broke why fix it,, i say stay with the gps, until other manufactors decide to put out a quality of a cell , not quanity of crap cell. for along time i wouldnt buy nothing but sanyo,, until i got the black 3300s,, then i felt like a panasonic customer.. the gps are killer cells even with average numbers. the gps are the best that have been made in my 15 years of racing. they cost less, last longer,have the lowest ir, take more abuse, and easier to get a good competive pack.

BIGDON

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
bojo said:
I think the best battery to buy is TQ cells dicharge at 35 amps .what punch wow.
Yeah......

Back to the subject - 3600 Sanyos will have to be a wait and see thing, will they be worth it or not. If all that runtime is not used (without burning up your motor) then why need/have it? Maybe the point that the initial "punch" will last longer into the race will be the reason to want them. I can't see where this cell would effect the price of the GP 3300 unless they sell them for near the same price and GP starts to lose market share (which I don't see happening).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts