Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some of my North Pole Deliveries I realized there is no way you're making deliveries in the North Pole with a low rider. Santa got himself a new 4x4 for the Christmas deliveries.

Nothing should prevent present delivery this year so make your list and don't hold back...ask for something big!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Now that is way cool. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: The snow drifts and icicles came out great!

That would look really good under my tree...:wave:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I happened to be looking for some Jada cars for some wheels and came across the High Roller Expedition that was loose from one of those dealers in japan. Bid on it and got it for .09 cents and the shipping was 4.50. I took a chance that the wheel base would work with the DD. The wheel base lines up perfectly with the DD but,the Jada body is longer front and rear. I took some time with the mini cut off tool and shaped it to fit the DD casting. I notched the back of the Jada base to fit in the tail lights and the plastic interior was modified as well. I spent quite a bit of time fitting the two together but now I could crank one out much faster. I have looked into the Jada High Rollers line up and there are some cool combos that I will be using the only problem is they are expensive with shipping. It is also a crap shoot as to how long the wheel base is in each one.

Thanks for the compliments guys and thanks for the inspiration on this customizing I really like to do it! I have a Fast and Furious Charger coming up soon!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
781 Posts
You never know whay you are going to see on here. That is awsome and I don't even like jack up stuff. I do have a few Jada High Profile trucks and have been thinking of custom painting this one:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like the detail and the older models they have put out. Have fun with that casting...if you want you can send it to me for closer inspection.:D

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That monster Dairy rox!

Is the red one in the first pix done in Krylon X-Metals red? It looks much the same as one I did w/ it, I like your wheels better though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is so classic love it. Hmmmm....I think I'm going to hunt down that HP and do a switch with another DD the black and silver one with the black RR with the red stripe.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That monster Dairy rox!

Is the red one in the first pix done in Krylon X-Metals red? It looks much the same as one I did w/ it, I like your wheels better though.
Yeah that is the color. Since the castings were a little rough I decided to shoot a gold flake base coat and then the xmet over it. Looks great in the light. Did another with metallic silver under the red and got good results also. The xmet is a great candy type paint and I will be playing with some more of the other colors soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts