Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since most of Hobby Talks ROAK reports come through the Johnny Board, I would like to post this quick thank you here first. I am not sure this person is even from HT but since this is my main home, I think the odds are good that he his.

I retrieved a pretty good size box from the Post Office this week with the return address as simply "SANTA". The postage was paid from a meter, so no post mark or city information on the box at all (Great idea on hiding your identity by the way)! Not expecting any boxes, much less from a Secret Santa (as I did not sign up to participate this year), I was quite baffled.

When I returned home....OK I’m lying...when I got back to the truck, I opened the box with the curiosity of that preverbable cat. And look at what was inside.....

8 wonderful cars (and what an assortment) with the most beautiful note. I truly have no idea who this secret benefactor may be. I have searched and searched for two days through all three boards I visit (HT, JLTalk and Swifty's) for any hint or clue, using some of the notes content as hints. Two days latter, I am just as lost as the day I opened it. But I so hope my surprise Secret Santa will see this post and know how much I am moved by his generosity.

Through out the year, I sell, trade and gift toy cars all the time. But this is one of the few that I have not been able to identify (and it's driving me crazy!). My Santa instructed me to do with the cars as I see fit, so some will become the bases for customs, some will be traded or sold (per his permission) and some will find their way into my permanent collection.

What a cool mix, everything from a Treasure Hunt to a 15 year old Seattle Toy Show promo JL Goat. The yellow GL Stang is a custom wheel swap in the best cut open clam shell package I have ever seen. It took me several moments to even know the package had been opened!

So to whoever this jolly elf may be...THANK YOU SO MUCH AND HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!!

Ward

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Most deserving!

That's a great R.O.A.K., Ward.
You may not be part of any Secret Santa Event this year, but that doesn't mean that you don't deserve these little diecast treasures.
That is an awesome selection of diecast.

Images courtesy of JLCollector.com. Thanks Wyatt.
The Radio Grill James Bond Hispani-Suiza is a tough casting to find for one's collection.

The 1970 Mercury GT from Classic Gold 2 Release 13 is one of my favourite JL castings.
It is a nice one.

This 1970 Dodge Charger from Mopar Muscle Release 3 is one of the better versions of the 1969-70 Charger casting #488.

1971 Plymouth Roadrunner from Christmas Muscle 2001 isn't a bad casting either.
I like the gold chrome on this one.

The red chrome HW Twin Mill is a nice casting too along with the TH Bone Shaker.
I have a few of the GL new MUstang castings but not the one in the picture, so I can't really comment on it.

I will say that you received a wonderful gift package before Christmas.
Thanks Ward for sharing your good fortune.
Christmas did come early for you.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ROAK must be a southern thing.
you know, a "Random Ol' Acta Kindness".
:p:p:freak::p I did not notice my mistake! I would say edit that, but now that you've put it this way...I LIKE IT!:thumbsup: Fit's me well living here in the deep south!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Santa got me too!
I got a package on Saturday w/ an awesome variety of diecast goodies.
Will post a thread/pics in the next couple of days.

Congrats Ward and thank you Santa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts