Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a HT member posting a picture of two GMs with the same number on the base (base with a number......not a blank base) from the same series. Yesterday I met someone who told me he had an GM who the same number from the same series (he only told me this, but he didn't show me the GMs or have a picture to prove it).

Does anyone rember the HT member who posted two GMs with the same number from the same series? Please post the thread or picture.

Thanks, STUTZ :wave:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Ray, I posted that I have 2 matching number sets (reg/green) from the wild. Both sets are ironically #04/0004. One set is the BB 1/24 Vette and one set is the Up In Flames Camaro #04/0004. I don't ever recall seeing two exact greens with the same exact number. It could be possible I guess but I wanted to make sure you weren't thinking about my sets.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ray, I posted that I have 2 matching number sets (reg/green) from the wild. Both sets are ironically #04/0004. One set is the BB 1/24 Vette and one set is the Up In Flames Camaro #04/0004. I don't ever recall seeing two exact greens with the same exact number. It could be possible I guess but I wanted to make sure you weren't thinking about my sets.

I remember your post Mark.

I'm not sure of the HT member's name that posted the he had 2 GM's with the same number from the same series, but when someone told me he had 2 GM's with the same number from the same series the other day, I remembered seeing a post or thread on HT awhile back (maybe 2 or more years).

He didn't just say it, he posted a picture on HT.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am/was blissfully unaware!:rolleyes:

I think the person who posted the picture was a serious Green Machine collector Mark, but timnes have changed collecting Green Machines.

I was hoping someone would post they remembered seeing the picture.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That would be a new one on me. I do remember a bunch of regular Danica cars that had #5000 of 5000 on them or some such. Not greenies though. And I have both of the GreenLight Exclusive Crown Vic police cars with #2 on the bottom but one is in a Super Diecast Convention package while the other is in a GL Excl. wrapper.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I think the person who posted the picture was a serious Green Machine collector Mark, but timnes have changed collecting Green Machines.

I was hoping someone would post they remembered seeing the picture.

I honestly don't remember seeing a post about that and I have been collecting for five years. I have read most of the posts too. Even if there is matching number GMs it won't turn me off from GMs. They are still rare so if there is 71 made instead of 70 no biggie to me. Just to compare 1995 THs are the 'rarest' THs and they are limited to ~10K. I bet there are 13K plus of those 95 Camaros floating around the market today. Fakes and I'm sure Mattel did not stop at exactly 10K.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I honestly don't remember seeing a post about that and I have been collecting for five years. I have read most of the posts too. Even if there is matching number GMs it won't turn me off from GMs. They are still rare so if there is 71 made instead of 70 no biggie to me. Just to compare 1995 THs are the 'rarest' THs and they are limited to ~10K. I bet there are 13K plus of those 95 Camaros floating around the market today. Fakes and I'm sure Mattel did not stop at exactly 10K.

I searched 61 pages of Green Machines threads looking for something titled "Same number Green Machine" or something similar. I even tried looking at some threads where there might be a post about a Green Machine with the same number. Even if I found the thread with two Green Machines with the same number, the picture probably wouldn't be there now.

I wonder if David posted something about two Green Machines with the same number. Didn't he have several Green Machines that were #01?

I did find a HIGH number Green Machine in my HT thread search (#0245).

I guess I was wrong about seeing a picture of two Green Machines with the same number from the same series on HT.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
David27 has a lot of #01's.

Not doubting you that you saw this. Could it possibly be from S/C Series 4? There were the hobby and mass market Green Machines in that series (100 of each). Basically matching cars (green) but different pictures. There must be matching hobby / mass market GM numbers but only from this series?

·
Registered
477 Posts

Not doubting you that you saw this. Could it possibly be from S/C Series 4? There were the hobby and mass market Green Machines in that series (100 of each). Basically matching cars (green) but different pictures. There must be matching hobby / mass market GM numbers but only from this series?
Yeah, I almost forgot the four #88s I had from that set; all of the '71 Chargers. Sold 'em.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts

That's a good call Mason, the only difference in most of the GMs from that 2 faceted release would be the picture on the card but the cars(GM versions) would be exactly the same. I think they all had black interiors too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts