Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
in case you want to know

bludden said:
I just found out that Don Stewart, who has provided the sound and video work on a volunteer basis for Wonderfest for many years, has died from a self inflicted gunshot wound.
don did not shoot himself. he died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a charcoal grill in his room. not that it makes any difference - he still killed himself - but i hate to see people misinformed.

· Registered
2 Posts
http://www.cdispatch.com/articles/2004/08/15/news/top_stories/top02.prt

there's a little back story. don killed himself just a few weeks after shane did, and the local paper ran the story with the headline "copycat suicide claims friend of ballard." i was furious that they made don sound like a depressed teenager who idolized shane and just couldn't go on without him.

i don't claim to know exactly what was going on in don's head those last few days, but i do know that he didn't kill himself just because of shane. he'd been considering it for quite a while, i think. not that any of this matters now - he's gone and we'll all miss him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.