Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Sachsen Pils promo diecast? Please post pictures if you do. I know there are several currently on eBay. I'm curious how many different vehicles were made. I'd like to get a car rather than a truck.

Below is an example of Sachen Pils promo diecast.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Looks like a Grell. I have about 30 different with about a fourth that came from alcohol vendors. I have that truck but not with that vendor

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a Grell. I have about 30 different with about a fourth that came from alcohol vendors. I have that truck but not with that vendor

Thanks for the info Atencio. :wave:

Do you have any diecast cars from alcohol vendors?

·
7,829 Posts
Yeah. I"ll see what I have. I have taken most of the cars out of the package but I kept the packaging because most are so cool

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Atencio. :wave:

·
7,829 Posts
Stutz, I had this picture in my photobucket. Tomorrow night I'll dig through the garage.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Holy crap! There are some memories! Born and grown up in the GDR (or in German DDR), this is just freakin awesome to me. Love the army Trabant.

·
7,829 Posts
Sure Dan. I'll do some this weekend

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
On the card, the W.Camping stands for Wartburg Camping. Great stuff. Bit of a story there about how Opel was building cars in Eisenach and then IFA and the government of East Germany took over. Wartburg is the name of the castle near Eisenach where Martin Luther stayed and translated the Bible.

I love a cool Barkas too, the East German van sort of thing. Here is a photo of it, taken on Karl-Marx-Allee in East Berlin. The one in the middle lane is a newer model Wartburg 353:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts