Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in running a Brushless class next Saturday (Nov 13th)?
I have a second car setup with a 4300 system.
I think Hays Sr. had a car ready as well.

Does anyone know where to gear at, for stock?

Neil Hicks

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
I was going to buy one, but it seems like a lot of guys are talking brushless, but it hasn't happened there yet.

Now the new LRP brushless speedo is out and the new Reedy brushless motor is out, so what is the brushless class going to run ?? Novak 4300 ? Novak 5800 ? LRP / Reedy brushless ??

I'm all for putting brushless in one of my cars -- just wondering what the class is going to be.

Any info is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talking with Scotty a few weeks back, he had told me the decision was made to go with the 4300 system. Stating that this was a good starting place for not only new people, just seasoned racers. Going with the 5800 is simply too fast and could discourage new racers in the class.

I dont know how the different manufacturer systems will differ. It wont be good if they all have ther own systems with different levels of output. I would think going with the Novak system as a rule, would be better in the long run as the company has experience in this area. Plus it may help getting a big brushless oval class/race to Trackside, by Novak?!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Neil,

I am definately interested in running brushless on Saturday. Scotty has said the 4300 system will be what we use, which makes sense. From what I have seen we should be faster than stock and a tick or two slower than 19 turn on carpet with the 4300. Maybe 48 laps in a well set up car at Scotty's? I know Hays will run and my dad has been thinking of geting one as well as Bob Wright. Anyway I hope we can get this going on the 13th because it a lot of fun not dealing with motors all day. I really don't know about the gearing but i think it will be fairly similar to a brushed stock motor.

Pat

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Less likely to solder them in backwards once they're hooked up....hhehehehehe ughhhhhh who would ever do that. But yeah I'm sure the old man will run his car the 13th. Hopefully I will have my other car built in the near future.

Hays Jr

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
haysreeling said:
Less likely to solder them in backwards once they're hooked up....hhehehehehe ughhhhhh who would ever do that. But yeah I'm sure the old man will run his car the 13th. Hopefully I will have my other car built in the near future.

Hays Jr
Hey Hays --

If you run brushless -- for sure -- at the Leftover race, and Pat does too, then I'll buy a 4300 this week too and I'll run brushless for that race.

Lemme know !

Jeff.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So whos coming this week.... Me and Pops will be there....I do belive Corey will be there....who else????? TJ & Terry you guys coming?? Makus??? Bruce will your wife let you out 2 saturdays in a row??? hahaha. Burbey, instead of cherry picking why don't you come down here and race. hehehe

Hays JR

·
Registered
813 Posts
You are correct, Little Hays. No slipping out of the shackles this weekend. Got to get some work done at home so I can do the Oval Challenge etc. Have fun and look out for Sully.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Myself , Ed and possibly buddy will be coming down saturday to play.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Nope. Sorry not me -- there's a pretty good crew of us headed to Vinton this coming weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Hey AJ -- I AM coming to Vinton !!

I'm coming with the rest of the "Team Lefthander" crew :)

Seeee ya there.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Scotty posted on the confrence that he is having oval on the 9th since the 16th conflicts with the round robin at Road Rage.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, THERE IS NO OVAL THIS YEAR .. I had heard it from josh who works at trackside, and i guess sully just called to confirm it..

suposedly Scotty said he just doesnt see it being worth running..

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Yeah -- I kinda figured that would happen. I'm not surprised.

Well ... looks like Tri-Clone and Dubuque IA this winter for rug racing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts