Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok help a brother out! Take a second out and post what car you race, where you race and what Batteries/motor/tires you race. This will help with a new race series to be run upstate in the near future. Thanks Rich Hammond :dude:

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
DRC Warrior, 17.5 Novak & 4-cell (last year), 13.5 Novak & 1-cell (this year), BSR tires, Windtunnel body. RC Madness in Enfield CT.

·
Registered
277 Posts
kskt, novak13.5 motor,smc 1 cell battery,rc4less tires 2 pink rears and 2 purple fronts.windtunnel body, ,10000 center damper lube. 10# spring left front, 12#spring right front.i race at mtr ,asphalt inBradenton Florida,

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Just an FYI SK racers. If you want sport tires that are completely tamper proof with color bands on each compound (not just one color) try out Windtunnel sport tires. NO nonsense sport tires. Each compound has its own color band. Green for green tires, Blue for blue tires and orange for the orange tires. We dont do just one color band. This is an effort to keep spec/sport racing as fair as possible for everyone.

Rob @ Windtunnel Racing Products

·
Registered
400 Posts
sk cars

Rich
DRC warrior 17.5 single cell. regular racing tires.

Skateboard with all spec stuff.

would like to race DRC with 13.5 and skateboard with 17.5 and 25 c packs
We need more choice in bodies. Would like to put brush bars on cars for scale look.
Very open to progression of our Hobby
Cheers Dan

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Just an FYI SK racers. If you want sport tires that are completely tamper proof with color bands on each compound (not just one color) try out Windtunnel sport tires. NO nonsense sport tires. Each compound has its own color band. Green for green tires, Blue for blue tires and orange for the orange tires. We dont do just one color band. This is an effort to keep spec/sport racing as fair as possible for everyone.

Rob @ Windtunnel Racing Products
Thanks for the suggestions Rob, but I just don't see use going to a spec tire for this class. I think the banding is a pretty cool idea though, no more lost dots.

-E

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
KEN BOEHM, KSKT v3, T/M Racing tires, Novak motors, 13.5 1 cell, KSKT Body, Tekin Speedo . Any place that runs the class

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Hey Rich, I'm like you waiting to see what the combo is.
DRC Warrior, BSR, SMC lipo, and if allowed Putnam motor.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Run what ya brung! Just as long as it does not have shocks on it! Solid chassis or T-plate chassis's. We took a beating almost weekly from a solid skate board all one winter season at RCH 2 winter's ago while most of us running that winter were spending stupid money on the newest, latest and greatest S/K t-plate chassis's of the month!

Just goes to show you, when you do your homework on your chassis and if you are a wheel man you can win with anything! Just enjoy the class as it was intended. No frills and tons of fun no matter what S/K car you chose to run. I vote it the best carpet class of all time! If anyone cares!:p Good luck with the class!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
putting together a new kskd witha mantis boby for my 11year old son 1600 spec pack and 19 turn motor and what evers left for tire bsr's

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
RSE version 1.2...novak GTB...1 Cell 13.5....BSR Tires...
and most Important.....Ring Dings and Bud Light in the trunk....Breakfast of champions !

·
Registered
723 Posts
Skateboard, Traxxas crap 20T, 1600 Spec crap battery, spec tires. E Ridge (RCCofMC) Was the only Skateboard at Snowbirds '09.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats a great start, we at Walts are running a tru spec 1600 batts/closed endbell traxis/duratrax with spec tires and any spec chassis, plus this season a "pro" S/K with 17.5/1s lipo any c rating any tires any chassis. Splitting the class didn't increase the numbers but the spec cars couldn't run with the 17.5s Rich Hammond :dude:

·
Registered
411 Posts
not to get off topic but i miss seein ken kertulas posts.allways had a little humor,even when he was bangin on someone.by the way,i have a kskt t-plate car that i ran in practice out here in socal.handed out a bunch of cards but never could get any thing going out here.must be a east coast thing,lol

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
not to get off topic but i miss seein ken kertulas posts.allways had a little humor,even when he was bangin on someone.by the way,i have a kskt t-plate car that i ran in practice out here in socal.handed out a bunch of cards but never could get any thing going out here.must be a east coast thing,lol
Keep on trying . This class is growing and growing . Some of the best racing out there . just have to give and take .KSKT Driver KEN

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not just a right coast thing but most of the cars are for 4cell/1s lipo and your in 2s velo world, that said once someone drives an S/K they usually want one, also with more shops making cars this year look for more racers to get involved, (I think) if I'm right HD is poised to release a new car soon. :dude:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
What night you guys racing at Walts now? I am headed out for super dirt week and would love to race S/K pro out there. Have not been to Walt's in years!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What night you guys racing at Walts now? I am headed out for super dirt week and would love to race S/K pro out there. Have not been to Walt's in years!
Tues nites, cmon out Steve P wanted to run his S/K 17.5 next tues with us. :dude:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.