Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
steel city hobbies oval track and store

I justed wanted to say i checked out steel city hobbies rc oval track & store
and i was very very impressed all sate of the art very nice s c h its about time somebody in pittsburgh did something right all under one roof very nice

·
Registered
846 Posts
River Junction Closed??

Yes Mach3, the STORE is closed. But,......the racetrack has been used a NUMBER of times already, and the next race will be Oct. 16th (Sat), with the doors opening at 10AM, and the races at 1PM, with PIZZA! arriving at 12:30PM. Pizza, Just $1.00 per slice or 2 slices and a can of pop, just $2.50- THE BEST DEAL in R/C :lol:
I wish you could have seen this place in it's heyday, as there is not a better-planned(or executed) racing facility in the tristate area-really. The track was purpose-built with only R/C racing in mind- 200 amps of electric for just the track, 100 lights, plugs at every table, bathrooms trackside, carpeted pits, REAL OZITE racing carpet, covered tables,chairs, cable TV (32in.), heat, A/C, NO PARAGON, NO SMOKING, and ceiling fans to suck away "burnt motor" smells. If you can, it's not too late to take in the experience- come by on the 16th, and we'll have something to show you. John @ The Raceway :wave:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
S C H Racing (edited )

Well i got a chance to see some racing at S C H
was very impressed a lot of people were watching & racing
but there was a tall gentleman that kept yelling get out of his way
cause he was the lead car and throwing a fit like a little kid to me that was
very unsportsman like conduct if you ask me i dont know who this gentleman was nor do i care i think it was very wrong what he did i sure wouldn't want to race with anyone like that!! Who does he think he is specially when there was little kids around..

p.s this post has been edited cause of the hate mail i've been recieving :devil:

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Frequency Boards & Rules

We hope to have our new Frequency Board this weekend and it states a few track rules. One of them is no profanity. The track has a pretty relaxed atmosphere but sometimes people get caught up in the heat of the moment... with that said, everyone knows of their mistakes and have hopefully learned from it. It is Nice to have a self-policing track where everyone looks out for each other.
Racing starts at Noon this weekend so saddle up early so we can get out of there early! (More time to play after the races)
:wave:

·
Steel City Hobbies
1,395 Posts
Great area Carpet Racing R/C Tracks

Mach, (and other HobbyTalk people):
Please introduce yourself next time you are at the track! I am narrowing down on a lot of people on here who like to remain anonymous. :lol:

I do have to admit; River Junction was the track back in its heyday! When it is open, it is a nice facility as Ozite is the preferred surface for carpet racing. As you already know, we too have Pizza, but in Buffet form, and Shorty's famous hotdogs, to general concessions with anything from chips, dips, nacho's, arcade, etc. all under one roof. You even have a drug store right across from the store!

SCH truly is the most convenient place to race R/C with 2 major interstates, very close to Ohio, WV and MD. The nice thing is that we have an evolving dedicated R/C hobby shop that is growing by the week! If the Raceway in Beaver is racing, and you want to make the drive, it is a good time. For daily practice and weekly racing, SCH is hard to beat. You will see your race results posted on the website www.steelcityhobbies.com after every race. It is the only track where the racer makes the rules! :devil:
Have fun!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts