Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help I broke the pull cord on my ryobi 725r and I'd rather not pay some outrageous price for such a simple thing some basic info on how to do this repair whould greatly help me out :dude:

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
To see an exploded view of the 725r go to http://www3.sears.com and search on model number 725r. You can then get an exploded view of the engine.

The worse part for that repair is that you will need an extended tip torx bit (I believe it is a T20) to take the clutch bell off. A regular torx bit with an extension will not work because the shaft can be no larger then the bit itself.

To change (using the above exploded view) you'll need to remove 4 screws from part #37. You can then remove the clutch bell and then the clutch. From there remove 5 more screws from part #32 and you can remove the engine to expose the recoil pully. From there it should be pretty easy.

Tip, remove the throttle cable from the carb before you disassemble. This will make it much easier to remove the engine without needing to remove the handle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I Got My Father Old Weed Eater Is Will My Work And He Say Be To Fix It The S/n # Is Gone I Guest The Iol And Gas Wash The N0. Off Of The Brass Tag But On The Side It Got A Paper Tag The No. Is 202a3453(95) But No Good. The Plug Is Gone Anyone Know What The Plug No.is.i Do Know Is A 18" Please Help Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank You
Lhawks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ryobi blower/vac won't pull to start

I have a Ryobi RGBV3100 that I used last weekend and everything was fine. Today I tried to pull start it and it won't pull. It's as if the engine is seized or something. Any ideas before I start to take this thing apart?

·
Registered
421 Posts
lhawks said:
Hello, I Got My Father Old Weed Eater Is Will My Work And He Say Be To Fix It The S/n # Is Gone I Guest The Iol And Gas Wash The N0. Off Of The Brass Tag But On The Side It Got A Paper Tag The No. Is 202a3453(95) But No Good. The Plug Is Gone Anyone Know What The Plug No.is.i Do Know Is A 18" Please Help Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank You
Lhawks
weedeater brandblowers and trimmers almost always take a champ. # rcj6y, but i do not like champion plugs, i use autolite 2974's in all may weedeater engimnes, and the plug for ryobi's is a rdj7y or dj7y, i never thought to check the cross references at sparkplugs.com for the autolite number for mine

·
Registered
412 Posts
Speaking from experience, NGK is by far the best spark plug you can run in a 2 cycle piece of equipment. In fact, that is all we use in the shop that I work in. We sell both NGK and Champion plugs, but we only install NGK plugs in the equipment we are repairing. I don't know what it is, but 2 cycle equipment is easier to start and runs harder with an NGK plug.

·
Registered
412 Posts
hankster said:
Plus NGK costs twice as much = twice the profit ;)
I think you need to check your prices again. On average, a NGK plug is only $0.50 more than a Champion plug. BTW...there is no profit in selling spark plugs. When you are running a small shop you basically have to sell them for what you are paying for them.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
who gives ngk is better. champion if you need it will last you a year at the most. most of the time it won't. champion plugs are and weren't always crap but now they are. i only buy the best. autolite, denso, and ngk for weeders. mostly i like autolite. they'll last for years with your regular gap and cleaning maintainence. i had champions that wouldn't even hold a gap. autolites keep their gaps and most times come with the right gap from the pack.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
I’m not about to get into an argument about spark plugs but I’ll give you actual numbers of what I did over the past month. I can do this because I just went over my productions numbers with my boss before I got laid off.

In Oct. I worked on just over 250 units. Over those 250 units I replaced 30 spark plugs. 99% of those units had Champion plugs in them and were replaced with Champions. This season total I worked on just over 1900 units and I can count on one hand Champion plugs I had to change because of failed plugs. Of the 250+ units I had 6 units returned for improper repair. 3 of those were customer errors, 3 were for incomplete diagnosis and repair.

Not sure why you are having problems with them but I can give actual numbers because we have regular reviews of the work we do. But then our repair unit is most likely the largest user of small engine spark plugs in the U.S. repairing over 70K units a year. Maybe our prices and suppliers are better.

Of course everyone has different opinions and different experiences, that is why someone should get a number of opinions and use them to help them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have you seen the problem that Champion has with crimping their plugs correctly when they are manufactured? I have personally witnessed 3 Champion plugs that completely blew the ceramic out of the plug and across our shop. One went completely through the wall of our shop and nearly hit one of the mechanics. This is why we only deal with NGK plugs now...Champions seem to make better projectiles than spark plugs.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
thats what i'm saying also. they are too fastly made to have much quality and they don't put much in quality neither. if anybody was to ask me for plug recommendations. simply put autolites for four cycles and ngk's and or anything else other than champions. i've had autolites that would be in my mower for three years and still look new if i cleaned them. kept their gap too. champions would be either corroded and or the ceramic was chipping off........ if i wanted to i would use an autolite for five years at a time and the engine would still run good on ngk too. i've had problems like the champions wrenching off so i'd have to use vise grips to get it out. plus same engine, had a champion, i replaced it with an autolite after maybe a year. the champion was dark in color, the autolite about a year later was a perfect light color. still could see the ceramic insulator. plus champions come with the electrodes rounded off. thats not good for spark. also had a man buy one of those platinum champion plugs. ha the darn thing won't no good. cost around five bucks for the crap. couldn't return it to the store.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm new to the forums.
I'm posting because I was using the same weed whacker as was stated earlier, and when I finished I put it away, came back the next day, pulled the cord a couple of times on choke, then it wouldn't pull at all (not an inch)
I borrowed a friends, and then did the same with his
any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts