Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rush and Son Raceway in Henderson Tennesse (just outside of Jackson) is having a free Test and tune day on May 22nd. This is a brand new 385 foot concrete trioval. Pics are too large to post here (and I am too stupid to know how to resize them!!) so Email me at [email protected] and I will send them out. Maybe someone will resize them and post here for me!!

EA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 1Star!!! Not the best but it does the job for sure!! The track looks awsome. I have yet to talk to anyone that has ran on it but I may venture that way in a few weeks!!

EA

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Eric, the track is pretty awesome. Its about 30 minutes from my house, I went up there a couple of weeks ago and practiced one Sunday afternoon. The track is very smooth and very good traction. The first turn is a little tricky, but mind you, I haven't ran concrete oval but a handfull of times in my life, and the last time was 2 years ago at DR's. I think Tony (the owner) is on his way to having a top-notch facility. He has the footing down for a 100'x50' building (building kit should be arriving mid-June) that will house a hobby shop and indoor carpet oval or road course. He is also planning to have an outdoor asphault on-road course setup sometime this summer. I haven't talked to him this week, so I hope he doesn't mind me "spilling the beans" on all this, but since it was brought up I figured I would let everybody in on what the plans are as of right now. Tony and crew are super nice folks, and their number one goal is having a place for people to race and have FUN!

He already has a few items in stock, I know he said he had a good selection of BSR's (since DR got his contacts worked out now). He said it would be a little while before everything would be like he wanted it, but judging from whats been done so far, I am positive it will be a great benefit to oval racing in this region.

If anybody has any questions, I'll do my best to help as much as I can. As far as setups, and tires, and such, it is still a little early to tell what the hot setup is of course (and you probably wouldn't want mine anyways..haha) but I'm sure we'll be learning alot very quickly.

He already has the AMBrc system, and the wall around the track is made of whats basically a hollow 2x6 made of plastic, and its two rows high. It is very car friendly in that it "gives" a little when the cars hit it. (personally tested that feature several times myself!..lol..) and it works! I think the turns are around 16-18 deg banked, can't remember the tri-oval or front straight angle, but the transistions are very good.

Oh well, I am sure I have left out something. Just let me know if anybody needs any more info.

Mitch McBride
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Grass is greening up and lines for lanes are going down soon.
Great traction and looks like this will be a top notch track.

·
Registered
143 Posts
For any looking for directions to the track, here is the address to look it up on mapquest or yahoo maps:

Rush & Son RC Racing
1000 Guy McAdams Rd.
Henderson TN 38340
731 989 - 4340

When you turn off of Hwy 100 onto McAdams road, you'll go exactly 1 mile and turn right on the asphault driveway. Just go till you get to the house and stay to the left and go around the garage and you'll go right to it.

I think the flyer I saw said practice started around noon Saturday. He has power to the track now, but it might be safe to bring a cord and definitely a table. I'll try to talk to him tonight to see if theres anything else I forgot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks like I will be there for a little while before heading out to go play in the dirt..

I talked to Tony last night and he has been busy getting things ready for everybody to come play. He has installed lights around the track and is getting outlets put in around in the pit area.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Talk about an awesome track! The pictures don't come close to doing the track justice. It's as nice a track as I have ever raced on. Lighting's so good you can't tell it's not daylight. This guy has built a great tri-oval. Perfect place to get your nat's practice for tri-clone.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Thats a great pic Todd! Can't wait to get up there. Its real nice to see a new track thats going to have racers support it in this area.

I just grinnn from ear to ear just telling myself " Its only about 3 hour drive" :D

Daniel

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
1Starpower That is exactly what i was thinking. Todd that Pic's awsome when you said couldn't tell day from night. Wow

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Hey Paul, let me get back on my feet more and one afternoon we'll go up there and race! What do you think??? See if we can make it up before anyone else from Tuscaloosa. :devil:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This has got to be the best looking concrete track I have ever seen!! I will be there for the first race in a few weeks!! Look for big things to come from this place...I can almost smell a few big races in the very near future!!

EA

1 - 20 of 545 Posts