Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone willing to email me a digital from the Star Trek Magazine referencing the interior of the Runabout? My issue went somplace and my 5 year old doesn't know where.

Thanks in advance

Jack

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John:) If you have a shot of the tail end too that would be most appreciated.

Jack

·
Oxidation Genius
31,222 Posts
I didn't scan that part. Have you tried the galleries at ex-astris-scientia.org?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't find much at ex-astris believe it or not. I do have a copy of the DS 9 Tech manual and that is helping out. Thanks for you help. By the way, anyone know when I can find some figures to put inside this Rio Grande?

Jack

·
Oxidation Genius
31,222 Posts
Well, it's 1/72, so get some 1/72 figures and modify them?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmm, could do that since the Hobby Shop has a bunch of 1:72 in various configurations from different military era's. Just that I'd rather work on the ship versus chopping bazookas, swords, M-16's, small yield nuclear devices, etc., from the figures. Would rather have some ordinary people figures or the Trek Innerspace figures.

Guess I could put the Wafen SS and Luftwaffe figures in it and name the ship the USS Messerschmidt - NCC 262-B. :freak:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,222 Posts
Preiser figures? Historex and/or Airfix historical figures from some period that had bland clothing? :D

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John P said:
figures from some period that had bland clothing? :D
Yeah, my ex-wife! :roll: :D Couldn't help myself on that one.

Seriously though, I'll check around at another Hobby Shop tomorrow for the "bland" characters.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it's coming along on the scratch built interior. Here is a link to the lastest. Click on Runabout; go to last 4 pictures.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/fuzznoggincreations

Tomorrow the instrument panel gets installed and the fiber optics to the panel trimmed. The fiber optics will glow yellow. All of the characters are installed now.

The “plot” of this scenario (diorama if you wish) is that of the Crew of the Rio Grande transporting an Ambassador who wishes to initiate an alliance with the Federation in hopes of stemming the expansion of the Dominion in the Delta Quadrant. The Ambassador is an unknown to the Federation, but a staunch enemy of the Dominion.
Ambassador Darzak brings with him a never before seen rare crystalline entity that yields significant power that can be beneficial in upgrading the weapon systems of the Federation Fleet. It is imperative this entity be safely transported, along with the Ambassador, to DS9.

Not a bad story line, eh?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Looks like you're already on top of things with the figures, but I'll still pass along two suggestions:

1) Italeri makes a Carrier Deck Crew set in 1/72 that features several jumpsuited figures who'd be pretty easy to convert

2) For a short time, there was a ST:TNG Role-Playing Game which had a set of eight or ten crew figures which would be just about right. In fact, I saw someone advertising a set over on the Swap and Sell Forum.

BTW: Sweet!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rattrap, I'll check it out. I know I did purchase some figures at the local hobby shop but they were just a bit too small after placing them in the ship. I ended up geting these from certain Playmates sets my son had lying around. (he approved - lol).

·
Starship Class
11,825 Posts
Looking really great on that interior build-up! Looks like the sets from the show!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Jack,
Great work on your interior. It is going to be a great looking ship when done. The lighting looks fantastic.

I don't if anyone is interested, but at WF I was told that Federation Models would be coming out with an interior kit for the Runnabout sometime this fall. I don't know if this is still in the works or just B.S., but this came from a gentleman working at Federation's table.

Rogue

·
Registered
804 Posts
Edit: Okay I went back to page one and clicked on the first URL you provided....looks good Jack! :) Do you have any pics of the cockpit before you put the Runabout together???

Trent

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The best I can offer are the pics labeled as "cockpit" and "fiberoptics". I stole the front seats off a Playmates E-D playset. The instrument panel is a wrap around design which secures along the insides walls and under the front window. I made stickes for the panels and wall using the DS9 Tech manual.

If, and that is the big word, I had planned this out better, I would have run the fiber optics through the roof and down the front window post into the panel. The instrument panel needed to be secured in the top half of the model. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I ran the fiber optics under the floor of the bottom half. Now you could imagine how much of a blast it was securing the panel to the top half of the cockpit with the fiber optics coming up from the bottom half. Kind of like rigging a ship already in a bottle. Tons of fun !!! (I put that in my notes for future reference :rolleyes: ). Always a learning experience. Also a good reason it takes me longer to put these things together than most folks. But the end result is good (thank god).

Jack

·
Registered
804 Posts
LOL gotta live and learn buddy...and all trial and error with this hobby. :) But still looks good non the less. All you gotta do now is just paint her right? Better take some excellent beauty shots of her when she's finished. ;)

Trent

1 - 20 of 55 Posts