Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the rules that make your spec division?
ours are spec bsr silver or green for the front for the rear gold or green batt purchased from rch wich are $20 a piece basically unmatched 3800 and crome motors with f brushes also $20
i love the class
although i still miss trinity street spec

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
S K O R seems to have become a common ground amongst different manufactures of SK vehicles.

Its still up to you , the club or the track to customize the class for your area and racer's .

The main thing ,,, keep them as similar as possible and as far away from a pan car as possible and it'll be a success.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
SPEC Class

At Thunder Road, our SPEC Class is ARCOR NasTruck. We run the ARCOR rules; truck body, any chassis and tires; Trininty Street SPEC Motor and Trinity 1600 4-cell SPEC battery pack. It's probably our most popular class; with Stock Class a close second. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Its funny how some classes do better at different tracks... With the S/K's consistantly matching or exceeding car count with the pan cars here in CT, most guys seem to prefer the pro stock class, where only the car and brushes are really limited. I have noticed at other tracks the 19 turn s/k class has grown significantly, which really isn't much of a spec class except for the car. I also know of some tracks in other parts of the country who's big class is sportsman s/k... I guess it just depends on what the racers prefer.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I agree ,,, it's funny how different parts of the country have adopted different rules ,,, I won't comment as to what some feel are right or wrong , just as long as it works for your area / racers / track :thumbsup:

Overall , A great addition to our track !!!!!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
harringBONE said:
is there any rules for WHO can race in any division? sportsman/pro/19t...
Not in the SKOR rules, but each track of course can make rules they feel fit. I would think if a track were to race the sportsman class, it would be a good idea to keep it to beginners.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
No sponsered drivers are allowed to run Spec at RCH in Glensfalls. I wished all tracks that are in a 3 hour radius of each other come together and have a agreement on motors , batts, and tires so that if you want to travel around to visit and support other clubs you could do so. Is there ever a track owners meeting once a year or when seasons change to discuss issues on like this ?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Yo, Kevin...has anyone ever questioned that rule about sponsored drivers in Spec? It doesn't make sense. If one has to run Ken's batt's, motors, and tires - how do sponsorships play a role in fairness? On several occasions I've wanted to 'borrow' some equip. and play, but can't. With Pro-Stock being dead at that track, we're forced to travel. Does that help or hinder. Just something to think about next time the issue of 'traveling locals' is brought up. Sure does look like it could be fun once in a while to bang fenders with you guys!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
noname said:
what are the rules that make your spec division?
ours are spec bsr silver or green for the front for the rear gold or green batt purchased from rch wich are $20 a piece basically unmatched 3800 and crome motors with f brushes also $20
i love the class
although i still miss trinity street spec
How do you tech an un-matched 3800 pack ????

Plus your can't easily get 3800's .

Any body say ------Peel the stickers off :confused:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Racin'Jason 8 said:
Yo, Kevin...has anyone ever questioned that rule about sponsored drivers in Spec? It doesn't make sense. If one has to run Ken's batt's, motors, and tires - how do sponsorships play a role in fairness? On several occasions I've wanted to 'borrow' some equip. and play, but can't. With Pro-Stock being dead at that track, we're forced to travel. Does that help or hinder. Just something to think about next time the issue of 'traveling locals' is brought up. Sure does look like it could be fun once in a while to bang fenders with you guys!
Your right about that. Clearly no advantage to that in the equipment department. I know Joe C. jumped down one night with borrowed items when no one showed for pro stock. He dusted us with pure chassie knowledge. That should be topic of discussion. Clearly you can not hold someone hostage due to more wheel time and knowledge. Very good point made. I would not mind chasing that number 8 around the bull ring!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
NCFRC said:
How do you tech an un-matched 3800 pack ????

Plus your can't easily get 3800's .

Any body say ------Peel the stickers off :confused:
Honesty plays the major roll here. If you need to cheat to run good than you will pay the price at some point. Remember what we all learned in kindergarden about life ? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am all for jason joe rod or dan comming and running spec i love the challege the great part is when joe beat us it was with our stuff we know he out chassised us and i dont have a problem with that love to chase the 8 on the mid size track(bull ring when did lathem open up again?)

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Looks like I'll be up this Sat. for some 4300 BL testing. I could bring the Stocker for some fun. I have a purple/chrome monster. Does anyone have any 'scab' tires and two packs I could use for the night? Any equip. would be appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Jason-
A few weeks ago I dropped off some tires, batteries and motors to Ken for Chris to use. Feel free to use/trim/tune anything you need. Should be plenty to go around.
I promised Bryant DeMarsh he could have the stuff after the last race of the year so if you could just give him everything when your done I'd appreciate it.
Razooooo

1 - 20 of 31 Posts