Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Does anyone make a rubber tire for pan car racing on carpet.
Reason being, alot of guys in our area got discouraged with the foams.
Would any type of cap tire work???
Thanks,
Tom Murray
Jacksonville,IL

·
Registered
564 Posts
We used to run no net caps on the front on a high banked carpet track. Could not get caps to hook up on the rear. I don't think an acceptable level of performance could be gotten on a flat track.

What kind of problems are you having with foams. Email me and I will try to help.

[email protected]

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Tom,

What about the 'foams' discouraged them? With a good set-up foams should get lots of runs, especially if you are using the exotic (Purple, Pink, etc.) tires.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Pro-line used to make a set of treaded tires mounted on wheels that would fit pan cars. A freind of mine still has a set. I don't know how they would work on carpet but they look a lot like the Express touring car tires that we used to run which worked very well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've always had this question aswell, but I race on a flat track so foams work best. But I know that Racetech also makes Rubber tires for pan cars!

Don't know how they work on carpet, because I've never tried them, but, ya...

Justin #29
www.geocities.com/cornwallrc

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello All,

Thanks for the replys, there are a couple of reasons that we are looking to run a rubber type tire.
In one of the classes we run(4 cell Novak brushless), guys are getting discouraged about chunking out the foam type tire, and the many compound variations. I know that we could go to a spec foam tire, but I think that they would still be complaining about the foams. The class really dropped of last winter, and I want it to grow again.

The other class is the Pro-Parts sprint car chassis. We are really big into our dirt oval racing here in central Illinois, and wanted to use a rubber type tire on them.
We could run our Custom Works cars, but the Pro-Parts car is pretty good..
Thanks,
Tom
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Tom, I think Proline made Rear rims a while back and maybe fronts too. I searched but couldn't find them. You might give email try. I have a set of rears but no fronts. We used them on our Legands on dirt. Hope this helps.

H

·
0 Posts
Proline made a set of front and rear rims for pan cars, that you could mount their road rage and road hawg tires on. In the early years we tried TRC radials and later some of the JACO & TM Mfg radials in soft and medium compounds. Just don't work as well as foams no matter what you used for traction compound - radials tend to slip and take longer to obtain any grip on carpet. Duratrax also has a type of street tire, compounds have changed as well as thread pattern but their Street Slic, Street Paw, Street Trac tires were also the type used on asphalt, and the soft compound was closest to the old M2 Proline tire.

Best solution to minimize the chunking it to true tires down to a certain size (for myself I true all to 2.25) which helps reduce the chunking and also helps car handle better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts