Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of building my Factory T4, I have considered going with the RPM cups based on what I've read about them being better. Is this just hype or are they that much better?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't know about being better, I prefer the RPM cups due to being stronger. I have never broken a ball cup but since the switch to all RPM cups, I have not had one pop off during a race.

·
Registered
298 Posts
RPM's are most definitely better as they "snap" on tighter and are more resistant to popping off or distorting in the advent of a crash. My personal experience is that the Black RPM's have always worked great while the blue or neon yellow ones have been hit or miss over the years to where I only run black RPM's.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I put AE cups on my pan car and I find they pop off really easily. I was shocked that even with new pivot balls there was still slop in the steering. Ended up having to put o-rings under the ball-cups.

I'd say go RPM. Better but more expensive - worth it.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
if you are talking about comparing the RPM's with the old Small WHITE AE's...

Yeah, you'll be HAPPY as HECK w/ the RPM's. I use the LOSI ones too and like them.

I HAVE had some of the RPMs almost fit the ball TOO TIGHT though, and cause some drag on a servo. (Make sure the don't bind you up)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah, RPM cups are good, but there's nothing wrong with the Associated ones, either. Never had an issue with the ones I use on my TC4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts