Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I garbage pick up a roybi trimmer model 3400. Its looks like it was barely used. Put gas in it, wouldn't start. Have spark and can get it to sputter when I sprayed starter fluid. So I'm guessing it's a fuel delivery problem. Does someone know of a place where I could find a pic of which lines goes to which place. My guess is that the lines are mixed up some way.
thanks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If it primes with the bulb, the lines are on correctly. If you search the 2-stroke forum, there are several threads on line routing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you have clear lines you can watch how the fuel is moving. There are usually some bubbles at first and you can tell if gas is being sucked up through the fuel filter and into the pump side of the carb. Usually the bottom. The line to the top side or the metering side should be pulling fuel out of the carb and returning it to the tank through the primer bulb. You should see fuel in the bulb. If you don't see good flow You may have to pull the carb and make sure the internal screen is not plugged. I would also pull the plug and see if it is getting wet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts