Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the very first car I tore apart when I started customizing. It started out as the Hot Wheels Postal truck w/ the big gold plated engine and interior. The engine was so ugly though I never did use it for anything till the other night I was wondering how I was going to fit an Altered State engine in it when I realized I already had an engine for it, so I painted it and the interior to get rid of the gaudy gold plate. What do you guys use for sparkplug wires?

I don't know if it qualifies as a rat but that's what inspired me. The interior is black w/ red centers, the body didn't need any alteration to accept the big wheels. Dual lightbars illuminate both the front and back "work area". I have some little tank thingys but don't know if to continue that route, to put a big wing over the back wheels and go racing or leave well enough alone.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
That looks good. I'm not much for the non-real look but it can be fun. It would be cool to put a tow rig on the back of that truck, I thought of doing that. I bought the same thing just looking for engines. When I got it home I noticed it was kinda big. Its still sitting here disassembled. I just use thread for ignition wires (and seat belts).

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be cool to put a tow rig on the back of that truck...
I thought of that but don't have one handy and am not handy enough to make one from scratch. I also considered a bed with sideboards sticking up and some lettering, if I could manage it.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
but don't have one handy and am not handy enough to make one from scratch.
You dont know that! Have you tried it yet? Thats where the fun is!
I'm right now trying to make inner fender wells from a "Silly Putty" egg. The shape looks right? A small piece of this and that can go a long way. Look around your house (small scale) you have more then you realize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts