Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see Round 2 release some of their monster kits in GLOW versions- Like
BIG Godzilla glow Mouth and Fins
Phantom of the Opera
Classic Aurora Monsters
Michael Myers
Sleepy Hollow

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Someone else asked exactly the same thing... remember the Aurora monsters are Revell property, aside from the Witch and Bellringer/Hunchback, which Polar Lights remade.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
In one of the Batmobile threads Tom said he was friends with (IIRC) Jack Besser and that's how he was able to swing one of the Aurora Batmobile molds.
Maybe that's where the confusion came from. Tom's not from Revell- he has friends there though.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was told from a reliable source that Tom has access to Revell , MPC and AMT molds from him working at Monogram/Revell.

·
Registered
395 Posts
MPC and AMT molds would be his as R2 bought the rights and the imprints for both in addition to Polar Lights

That's why R2 has been releasing a lot of old AMT/MPC kits the past year

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I was told from a reliable source that Tom has access to Revell , MPC and AMT molds from him working at Monogram/Revell.
Tom never worked at Revell/Monogram.
He had connections there and worked with them when he owned PL. That is how PL paid Revell to run some of the old Aurora molds for them. That business arrangement ended a couple years before PL was sold though.
Tom worked for RC2 after he sold Playing Mantis to them.

Revell and RC2 are two totally different conglomerates, and are actually competitors in the model kit market. At least they were until RC2 shut down their model division.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Tom never worked at Revell/Monogram.
He had connections there and worked with them when he owned PL. That is how PL paid Revell to run some of the old Aurora molds for them. That business arrangement ended a couple years before PL was sold though.
Tom worked for RC2 after he sold Playing Mantis to them.

Revell and RC2 are two totally different conglomerates, and are actually competitors in the model kit market. At least they were until RC2 shut down their model division.
Thanks Trevor...that was what I was trying to say in my earlier post on this thread!

MMM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts