Hobbyist Forums banner

Which new group of products would you like to see in 2011?

• Akira and 1/1000 Romulan Bird of Prey

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • 1/1000 Reliant & K'Tinga; 1/2500 Kelvin and King Kong

Votes: 36 19.9%
  • 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Votes: 132 72.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you haven't seen the WF2010 questionaire, this is what is likely the big question they ask. I cant' say that they'll use this polling data per se, but it might help them with a quick glance here.

I know which answer I am hoping for win. But R2 did not make this easy at all. There are fans for each of the three lines. The 1k Bop is tempting though I don't know what the Akira is that folks mention here and there. That 1k Reliant would be nice, though we have an improved one this year. And the KTinga, well... And then of course, the Gray Lady.

I kinda think if they took their projected sales totals from all three, the number would be very similar. While the 350TOS is one big chunk of their change, an all or nothing purchase, there are many folks that will buy (alot) more than just one.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Make mine the 1/350 TOS Enterprise!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wave:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how the voting ends up. The same poll was put up on the SSM board with very surprising results. At the time the thread was locked, choices B and C were tied with 57 votes each. Choice A pulled in 16 votes.

The thread was locked by the moderator because the comments were becoming nasty. Not unlike what is happening here in that other thread. If anybody is interested, read it HERE.

Anyway, that point is that the results you get can vary considerably depending on who is being polled. For that reason, I'm kind of tempted to put this poll up on the Clubhouse, just out of pure curiosity.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The thread was locked by the moderator because the comments were becoming nasty. Not unlike what is happening here in that other thread. If anybody is interested, read it HERE.
It isn't nasty over here... and it was closed over at SSM because someone has anger management issues (which had nothing to do with the topic... you should see the PMs I get from that guy which have nothing to do with any subject in particular :eek: ).

·
Registered
571 Posts
I agonized over this question on the questionaire, the second time 'round was a little easier. Although, given the venue; I think it will be clear what the winner will be...

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...The thread was locked by the moderator because the comments were becoming nasty. Not unlike what is happening here in that other thread. ... I'm kind of tempted to put this poll up on the Clubhouse, just out of pure curiosity.
Considering all the previous posts to yours, and since, have been overwhelmingly positive, I guess your post missed one last revision pass? It makes no sense to say things are nasty. Not being a member of the clubhouse, I'd be interested to hear a report back.

I agonized over this question on the questionaire, the second time 'round was a little easier. Although, given the venue; I think it will be clear what the winner will be...
Me too the first few times I looked at it. But the 350 was always the only winner for me.

Looking at it again and again; we get a revised original BoP and Reliant this year, so getting smaller versions of them so soon, kinda sucks. The KTinga, Kelvin and Akira certainly have their fanbase, which is where I am worried about the 'final' results. King Kong though? Why not fix all that's bad about the TRU Godzilla instead, ya know?

18hrs on in this poll, and if like that SSM poll, there is one decidedly clear leader -which is what I hope the WF poll also suggests.

But it is also for Round Two to follow up on the results. When they asked last year about the RBoP, D-7, K-7 and Vulcan Shuttle reissues, though the BoP led the pack it was the Shuttle that was released first.

1701 in 2011!

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
I voted option A.

I really want the Akira and I think a 1:1000 Romulan ship would go well with the existing TOS Enterprise.

Though, it would be really cool to display the K'tinga and Reliant with the existing 1:1000 refit. I have almost no interest in 1:2500 kits (unless it equates to a big kit) and/or King Kong. 2500th scale kits have to pretty darned accurate and filled with detail for me to want it. The Kelvin as it appears in Trek'09 is very detailed with all those panels of varying heights and the phaser turrets, I don't think you could pull it off in 1:2500. Again, unless the ship is 10" or better.

I have faith we'll see the 1:350 TOS Enterprise regardless so I didn't vote for it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had to think about this one for .36549 nanoseconds. The TOS 1/350!!!! And an accurate redone TOS shuttlecraft would be nice too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Me too the first few times I looked at it. But the 350 was always the only winner for me.

Looking at it again and again; we get a revised original BoP and Reliant this year, so getting smaller versions of them so soon, kinda sucks. The KTinga, Kelvin and Akira certainly have their fanbase, which is where I am worried about the 'final' results. King Kong though? Why not fix all that's bad about the TRU Godzilla instead, ya know?

18hrs on in this poll, and if like that SSM poll, there is one decidedly clear leader -which is what I hope the WF poll also suggests.

But it is also for Round Two to follow up on the results. When they asked last year about the RBoP, D-7, K-7 and Vulcan Shuttle reissues, though the BoP led the pack it was the Shuttle that was released first.

1701 in 2011!
I totally agree on the Reliant; with it's updates the kit looks to be spot-on. The Rom-bop on the other hand is only getting a cannon for the nose and clear bussards; far cry from perfect. I, personally, am jonezing to complete my 1K TOS ship set. Having said that, I'm up for a 350 E in '11--but I don't think It'll happen.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Considering all the previous posts to yours, and since, have been overwhelmingly positive, I guess your post missed one last revision pass? It makes no sense to say things are nasty. Not being a member of the clubhouse, I'd be interested to hear a report back.
No ,no, no, I'm not talking about this thread. I'm talking about the one titled "Round 2 pics from Wonderfest 2010". The debate got rather heated over there, especially from pages 4 to 7. There were a few people who were taking their comments in a decidedly nasty direction. At least the tension dropped somewhat after Jaime responded. I'm actually surprised that he did comment at all. I respect that he put himself out there like that.

Anyway, if I post the poll at the Clubhouse, I'll definitely report back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm sorry everyone but I gotta go with the 1/1000 reliant then a 1/1000 ktinga
I'll take movie era stuff any day over TOS - sacrilege !
But tbh , Im just glad someone is pumping out Injection trek kits at all - there seemed to be a drought for many years !

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I didn't vote for the 1:350 Enterprise because that
is a given.

They are doing her.

They better.

I don't want to hear any vacilating about it!

DO IT!!!!

WHAT'S THE DELAY?!!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I`ld like to see something else which is not mentioned in the poll: The mushroom spacedock with some tiny ships to go with (Excelsior chasing Enterprise diorama anyone?).

I`m bored to see "hero" ships over and over again. There are so many other cool designs in that universe!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts