Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo the UFO mystery ship is finally in stock to buy at Round 2's web site. That means that my local supplier will be getting them within the week or so. I cant wait

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well, that's good to hear. Been waiting for my local hobby shop to call to tell me mine are in. Got all these extra parts and decals that I need to fit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this one too! I already sold my gluebomb original on ebay so I could afford to get 2 of the new ones. I always loved this ship. The little scoutship should be done as a larger seperate kit too,a VERY cool design for sure! THANKS ROUND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
FYI... a 1/72 scale Vega shuttle is in the final stages and should be released very soon.....as well as transparent red engine parts for the UFO kit.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The little shuttle had three small red jets (usually incorrectly called landing gear) too
The original Leif Ericson kit had three chromed, oversized-looking landing legs for the shuttle. On the box art, they're shown with exhaust flames shooting out of them. So I guess whether to call them landing gear or jets is a matter of interpretation.

IIRC, the chrome sprue (missing from the Interplanetary UFO issue) also contained a little ball (sensor dome?) for the top of the conning tower, connector pieces for the clear red engines, and an optional doohickey to glue to the front of the nosecone (perhaps a weapon of some kind).

·
Registered
675 Posts
FYI... a 1/72 scale Vega shuttle is in the final stages and should be released very soon....
I didn't know it got a name.

That sounds promising. What is its length?

Will it have an alternative landing gear arrangement? Other than those oversize rods.

I liked the little ship but not enough to get past the drawing stage. Couldn't figure out whether 6" or 8" fit better with the other SSC equipment I had in that scale. Closer to 1/100 scale than 1/72

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well...let's see if I can answer a few of your questions....

Hull length.. 7.75 inch
Wing span... 7.75 inch
Kit contents....
1) hull
2) fins
1) clear cockpit "dome"
1) Control panel
2) seats ( maybe 4 )
3) Landing gear ( cannon version )
3) Landing gear ( new, skid style version )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts