Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Credit where credit is due. Jamie and Round 2 are hitting it out of the park! That Galileo looks superb! A set of chairs on Shapeways (to say nothing of figures!) is going to cost more than the kit itself, but the rest of the interior will be a breeze to scratch. I'm already brainstorming possible material for the carpet. Felt? :unsure: I wasn't contemplating another big Eagle, but that science pod looks too sexy. The spine booster even looks so good it makes me forgive that it makes no engineering sense whatsoever! :LOL: Between these and the Moebius Aries, it's going to be an expensive year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I imagine there'll be some ready made resin options out there around the time the Shuttle kit is released. It would be cool if someone did an in-scale "Galileo 7" creature for dioramas. Round 2 did include optional heads for the Galileo 7 crew with their revised 1/32 bridge kit, so they were trying to think ahead regarding a possible interior.

Didn't realize the shuttle had carpeting?!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys. If you watch the video at the 43:25 mark, Jamie does say he may do an interior kit for the shuttle if it sells well.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The shuttle and the bridge both had carpet. Not shag, of course. http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/1x16/The_Galileo_Seven_147.JPG It helped with sound recording and 1960s TVs didn't have the resolution to tell whether it was there or not.

Other than the chairs, the rest of the interior is basically just sheet styrene. I did one for the old AMT kit and it's simple. Back when I did mine 15 years ago, though, I didn't go the extra step to light it -- mainly because of the size of the kit. This one will look great lit up inside. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
You know a full interior is not really necessary, If they make the doors able to be built open the basic interior of the old AMT kit would be good enough to see through them.

The after market can supply a more accurate interior for those who want one.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You know a full interior is not really necessary, If they make the doors able to be built open the basic interior of the old AMT kit would be good enough to see through them.

The after market can supply a more accurate interior for those who want one.
The impression I got from the video, is that the doors are molded into the hull, shut.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My thing is with no interior it is going to look weird looking in from the front windows into an empty interior, Hopefully they include at lest a perspective decal to make it look like something is inside.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My thing is with no interior it is going to look weird looking in from the front windows into an empty interior, Hopefully they include at lest a perspective decal to make it look like something is inside.
You could always frost the windows, especially if you intend to light it. I believe that was situation with the original effects miniature. Speaking of, I didn't realize that the original effects miniature still existed, I guess it must be in a private collection. Nice that Kerr was able to examine it. So, I guess the only still-missing ship miniatures are the Romulan BOP and the Enterprise 3-footer. I'm guessing the Stratos miniature is also lost...

·
Registered
564 Posts
I could swear it was on display at the Smithsonian at some point. They supposedly have one of the original Klingon D-7 models as well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the Randy Cooper Galileo with an interior that I built with an open entryway so I'm all over an "in flight" shuttlecraft. And the other kits sound exciting too--a 1/1000 Trek "capital ship" maybe later this year? Fascinating...

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the first person to build the shuttlecraft with a motorized functional door. Some crazy genius is going to do it and it's going to be awesome!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,084 Posts
They had the window shutters closed most of the time you saw the thing in flight anyway, so just paint them hull color.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I forgot! Motorized window shutters! That'll be cool to see someone do too!

Now the big question: Who will be the first to model the shuttlecraft's space toilet?
(at 3:44)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts