Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a post anywhere on this, so...at 1PM Eastern on Friday January 31st Jamie Hood will have a streaming special on all upcoming new SF and auto kits. Sounds like a don't miss. And according to recent posts over at the Collector Model blog, this may be their preferred way of interacting with Round 2 customers from now on. Link below:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, sombody please let those of us who will miss it know what's new in a text post ?
Once it's streamed live it should be available as a regular Round 2 Youtube video. So if anyone misses the livestream then they should be still able to see everything at the link above.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
It would be wonderful i someone who has seen this video could post any highlights involving any SciFi subjects- cannot watch any videos at all where I am now...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll put up a synopsis of the presentation Friday afternoon or evening, if no one else has by that time.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,084 Posts
Actually, I was trying to not come right out and say "I don't have the patience to watch stuff like that, could someone please just tell us what new kits are coming out." :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't want to watch even if they prototypes and test shots on display John?

So, I'll probably just do a bulleted description of the SF items and their tentative release schedules, yes?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hm...as of 9AM on Friday PST, Youtube states that the livestream will begin in 3 hours. So even if South Bend is officially on Eastern Standard Time, it looks like they'll be starting closer to 1PM Central. Just a heads up if you're planning on viewing live and participating in the accompanying chat...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
*There was an impressive buildup of the Supernatural 1967 Impala, no opening trunk but decal provided for possible scratchbuilt trunks. Possible May-June release date.

*1/48 Eagle 2 w/Lab Pod Box (based on the episode "All That Glisters"), also packaging for the Spine Booster. as well as a beautiful buildup with spine booster and softer springs. May be out April in time for Wonderfest.

*Discovery 1/1000 Enterprise first test shot shown builtup with installed light kit (beautiful!), with rotating nacelle dome fan blades. Lighting kit separate, possible June release for the actual kit.

*1/32 11" Star Trek TOS Shuttlecraft test shot shown, will NOT include interior, Includes opening panel on aft section, as well as footstep on port nacelle. Looks incredibly accurate to the live-action prop. Can be built with door open. MIGHT be reissued with interior at a later date. MAY possibly be issued with special packaging and resin figures. Gary Kerr acted as consultant and researcher. Decals for Galileo, Copernicus, Galileo II, and the Picasso. Late summer or early fall release date.

Some additional notes:

Possibly one more 1/1000 Capital Trek ship later this year, Jamie said he's behind on it.

Holding a 1/350 Reliant back is a lack of reference.

The next 1999 kit in development isn't 1/72 scale.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Even though I knew about those new releases it was still great to see them and hear about their development. Then Jamie shocked me and I think everyone else viewing when he pulled out that test shot of the Galileo. I wasn't sure if that project would ever be produced. Now it looks like we're finally going to get it. I'm not even upset it won't have an interior. The model looked fantastic just as it is.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I think the only kit that wasn't previously known about was the Galileo, but it was worth the watch! It looks very nice!

I'm fine with no interior.

I was hoping for a new Space 1999 kit, something is coming. I hope its a stun gun and comlock set.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Really looking forward to the Galileo, I don't care that it does not have an interior. I am capable of creating one If I choose to do so.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Glad that they are finally able to bring the Galileo to market.

I'm sure there will be chairs, etc. available on Shapeways, and from other creative individuals soon after launch.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts