Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks great! The RCS pattern is interesting.
The stand looks like a good Idea!
I know it is not canon but I did the thruster quad pattern like that for two reasons: 1 - I like the look of it, just to be different. 2 - it is sort of an homage to the first MPC Eagle models I built in the 1970's, those came with red and black checkerboard decals to go on the thruster quads.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
f1steph

"Pretty cool.... So how do you like the quality of this kit?"

Excellent, It is a simplified version of the 22 inch kit, the detail is pretty much identical. The only part of the kit that can be a challenge to some is the engine tank assembly which is identical to the 22 as far as how it is assembled.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I know it is not canon but I did the thruster quad pattern like that for two reasons: 1 - I like the look of it, just to be different. 2 - it is sort of an homage to the first MPC Eagle models I built in the 1970's, those came with red and black checkerboard decals to go on the thruster quads.
I like it too, it just took a bit of getting used to.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I made the landing gears fonctionnal on my last two Eagles but they were too stiff, the landing gears are not extanding by themself when the Eagle is not touching the ground. Maybe if the landing pads were a bit heavier, that would fix my problem. Maybe you might get the same problem with your landing gears, it's easier to fix this problem before they are glued to the Eagle....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I made the landing gears fonctionnal on my last two Eagles but they were too stiff, the landing gears are not extanding by themself when the Eagle is not touching the ground. Maybe if the landing pads were a bit heavier, that would fix my problem. Maybe you might get the same problem with your landing gears, it's easier to fix this problem before they are glued to the Eagle....
After painting my gear were a little stiff but they freed up and operate smoothly.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts