Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great thread, that Eagle is looking good!

Been looking over the kit casually since I got it last week. Was really surprised that the two front halves of the command module actually snapped together and held, no glue yet. Also impressissive is the the use of "top" sprue connections, rather than have the parts connect to the sprues on the side of the part. Not all the parts are like this, but it's employed really well with the sections of the side pods. Just sand the top edge of the part and you're done! I've seen this japanese kits but I think it's a first for Round 2. Finally, I love that the dome base is a glossy white rather than matte black, it so fits in with the Year One aesthetic. You can picture the model and its base on a table in Alan Carter's quarters...

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Very nice, I admire the work on the landing struts! I was thinking that one could use square tubing grafted to the top of the round tubing to prevent rotation but your solution is more simple and elegant.

I would guess that the inevitable Paragrafix PE set might include templates and frames for opening up the cockpit windows and maybe even a 'forced perspective' faux interior/back wall.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking fantastic!

Have you any thoughts on painting yet?

Will you be pre-shading, or weathering after the paint is on?
I plan on a mix of both, the corridors inside the cages will be pre shaded, painted and slightly weathered before the cages are assembled around them. I have already attached the top section of the cages to the spine so that will be painted as one piece. I am going to try and keep this build fairly clean and not go too crazy with weathering.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks great!

How is it going together so far? It looks like a well designed kit.
The fit on this is excellent with minimal flash, I have not needed to use filler anywhere on it. I actually had the model sitting around for a few weeks without having the spine and cage assemblies glued together. There was enough friction in the in the fit of the locating pins to hold it together. This is essentially a scaled down version of the 22 inch model with a smaller parts count. The spine, the most intimidating part for some on the 22 inch model is only 2 parts on the 14 inch kit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts