Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem? On the last four kits I have bought (ST snaps) the decals fall apart upon application or adjustment. It's frustrating. I don't have this issue with any other brand or older PL kits. It's like the carrier film is way too thin. Honestly, I've had enough and they are about to lose a customer so I will just build other brands or older kits. I've contacted the company via E-mail but they haven't had a chance to respond yet.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The 1/350 nx-01 decals were like that also, even after spraying with testors decal fix. I only got a fraction of the decals on that ship.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, My NX 01 was like that as well as the three 1701'a I bought to build all the versions.

I did hear from Round 2 today. They offered to replace the decals. It's not necessary now, I got rid of the kits in a fit of anger. I've never had a problem with decals before, and this was just mind blowing. Honestly, I was looking forward to the refit and having a complete 1/1000 collection of E's but this has soured me on the idea big time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too had problems with the decals in 3 of the 1/1000 Enterprise kits but my problem was decal film that would not respond to any available decal solutions (Micro Sol / Set, Solvaset, isopropyl alcohol). Despite clear gloss undercoats, decal solutions and flat overcoats, the film refused to conform to the surface. the resulting silvering really distracts from the otherwise good finish and excellent details of the kit. Excellent decals are in all aircraft and armor kits so why should SF modelers settle for inferior decals? I hope RC2 has addressed decal quality in their upcoming releases. Chuck Nicholas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts