Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In their Round 2 newsletter I got today, it said the Batmobile repop will be using the original Aurora molds. That's good news. I'm glad they worked it out.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
And has Hell frozen over as well?!?

I well remember the large number of anguished threads here on the board a few years ago - it'll never happen, it can't be resolved, it will cost too much to license; oh the hearts that were broken!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
In their Round 2 newsletter I got today, it said the Batmobile repop will be using the original Aurora molds. That's good news. I'm glad they worked it out.

The 1966 Aurora Batmobile Mold did indeed survive...RM has it since 1977..

Z

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Where did anyone get the impression that they might not be using the original moulds? I thought from the beginning since it was announced that it would be a reissue of the old one.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Where did anyone get the impression that they might not be using the original moulds? I thought from the beginning since it was announced that it would be a reissue of the old one.
Originally, Round 2 had intended to reverse engineer brand new molds using an original Aurora kit. My understanding is that the vintage kit that they purchased for the process was not complete.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Originally, Round 2 had intended to reverse engineer brand new molds using an original Aurora kit. My understanding is that the vintage kit that they purchased for the process was not complete.
Waitaminnit. Round 2 purchases an original Aurora Batmobile so that they can reverse engineer it to make molds for mass production and doesn't realize until it's too late that the kit is incomplete? And that realization is what then leads them to work out a deal with R/M to use the original Aurora molds - which wasn't in the cards to begin with - which is why they bought the original Aurora in the first place?

Man! I love what you can learn on the internet! :freak: :p

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hmmm things that make you go Hmmmmmm hopefully we will see it and build it ! wish they would purchase or get the molds from revell/monogram for wonderwoman and penguin,spartacus,gladiator,men from uncle,moonbus,3 muskeeters,viking,the crusader,hercules,tarzan,green beret and rest of the monsters of the movies need i say more ????? we want these reissued guys all over will buy them i know i will !!!!!!!!!!! Hey if they repoped all the monster line which i never thought would see the light of day especially the monster rods, bride of frankenstein , why can't they re-pop the others ??? we all gots to write to them and start a poll what do you say are you with me !!!!!

Robert

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote from Round 2 newsletter:

"This is the real thing, molded using the original tooling! The Batmobile is a detailed all-plastic assembly kit molded in black, featuring chrome and clear parts and easy-to-assemble figures of Batman and Robin. This is the authentic, original 1:32-scale kit of one of the best-loved custom vehicles, ever."

I'm glad they are using Revell's Aurora molds. Sixties molds for a sixties kit.
Nice knowing it will be exact.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I heard (cant remember from who) that after the TRU run of Aurora Long box kits for PL, that Revell said they would no longer do runs of kits for competing companys. I thought that was odd, as its a win win situation for Revell. The sales of x number of kits are gaurenteed when you sell them bagged to another company. Its good to hear they worked out a deal. Maybe we might see some more repops.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I heard (cant remember from who) that after the TRU run of Aurora Long box kits for PL, that Revell said they would no longer do runs of kits for competing companys. I thought that was odd, as its a win win situation for Revell. The sales of x number of kits are gaurenteed when you sell them bagged to another company. Its good to hear they worked out a deal. Maybe we might see some more repops.
Totally untrue. Revell has been doing runs of kits for Model King and Stevens International for years. The big 1/96 Saturn V was one of them... the box says manufactured exclusively for Stevens International...

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
If its on the internet it has to be true!

Seriously, I notice the reissue has chrome parts... did the original kit have chrome parts? The build ups I have seen in PL test shots show things painted silver...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hot DAMN!! I had the Aurora Batmobile when I was a kid; my dad built if for me. Always wanted a chance to build one of the originals myself, and this is the next best thing. Thank you Round 2!!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My faraway neighbor who works for Revell said the previous owners had stopped the practice of making kits for others but they sold Revell a few years ago. Now Revell has new owners who must have restarted the practice.

I'll ask him to let me know when they start making the Batmobile for Round 2.
He said he's not in that department anymore but that it was possible.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I too remember when Revell stopped running kits for PL.
If I remember correctly, there was no annimosity over it. I think it was just that PL was starting to have larger runs done. Ones that were closer to what Revell would actually do on thier own. So why run them for another company when they might possibly just run them for themselves and make all the money, instead of only part of it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts