Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Don't know about Round 2, but here is what Moebius said about Comoc-Con on FB...
We won't be at Comic Con this year in San Diego, but a few kits will be. At the Diamond booth, they'll have the Mars Attacks! buildup as well as giving out exclusive Topps Mars Attacks! trading cards for Moebius. At the Famous Monsters booth, look for the Forgotten Prisoner build up done by Frank Villa. With any luck we'll be there next July!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up Chris! I'll be going tomorrow and will be headed over to the Diamond and FM booths to get some shots. I'm pretty sure I speak for all West-coast Hobbytalk members that we look forward to the day that we finally get Moebius officially here for Comic-Con! Although I'm guessing we'll probably have to wait for the bay expansion before that happens...

·
Elder Statesman
1,885 Posts
hahaha, it's not the venue for Comics any more, either! :)
Just finished watching the documentery on Comic Con. It has been for years just a venue for major studios, to promote their wares. Philadelphia has a big con every year, like a medium size SD Comic Con. The crowds, the smell, my God the smell! But comics take a back seat there as well. No models, even at Chiller Theatre, model dealers are few and far between.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was lucky enuff to be out on the west coast and attend the
1980 SDCC... lots of old school artists were there and was the
best convention I've ever attended.

Sad to see it go so Hollywood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts